Aircraft construction and maintenance
Allied Airbases were capable of assembling and rearming aircraft, as well as performing repairs with drones. An Airbase consisted of a control tower and four hangars with retractable roof, which were able to house house and launch VTOL craft like Vindicator bombers, F-11X Apollo Fighters and B2-X Century Bombers. The Cryocopter and the Harbinger gunship did not take up hangar space, however. To construct more advanced aircraft, an Airbase needed to be constructed within the radius of Construction yard or Command Hub with the appropriate clearance. Aircraft already built, however, could be reassigned to any other Airbase.
The Airbase only required a power plant in order to be built. Hence, the Allies can build up their air force much faster than the Soviets or the Empire of the Rising Sun. This can be used to facilitate an early game "Vindicator Rush".
If an aircraft is outside the Airbase when it was destroyed, it can be assigned to another Airbase before it runs out of fuel and crashes.
Aircraft constructed at the Airbase
- Vindicator - anti-surface bomber
- F-11X Apollo Fighter - anti-air fighter
- Cryocopter (with Heightened Clearance) - high-tech helicopter armed with non-lethat Cryobeam and S.H.R.I.N.K. beam. Does not require a hangar.
- B2-X Century Bomber (with Max Clearance) - heavy carpet bomber
- Harbinger gunship (Uprising only, with Max Clearance) - heavy anti-surface gunship capable of dealing splash damage. Does not require a hangar.