Heavy Warship plating
High Technology (improves EMP missile)
|“|| Aircraft Carrier leaving port!|
- Aircraft Carrier captain
These new warships, built in the United States by Gerhardt-Giraud Shipworks, are the culmination of a decade of design by the combined resources of America, Britain, France, and Germany. Instead of manned aircraft/s requiring thousands of crew members to maintain, this advanced Aircraft Carrier houses automated facilities for another Allied Airforce marvel- the Sky Knight Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAV). These UCAVs are sortied in squadrons of five, with each unit armed with only a single bomb comparable to those being loaded on the B2-X Century Bomber, and these units are easily replaced if shot down. This gives most Allied Aircraft Carrier captains the will to sacrifice one or most of these expendable drones to draw AA fire away from manned Allied aircraft.
As a carrier is constructible only with the highest clearance available, their captains are carefully selected and filtered from the ranks. The requirements for these positions is experience with advanced Allied naval technology and unquestionable loyalty. This arrangement is made to ensure that these prized ships will not easily fall into enemy's hand (namely, bribed).
The carrier's firepower is in between that of the other two bombardment ships, it does more damage than a Dreadnought, but isn't as powerful as a Shogun Battleship (later patches to the game changed this and gave the carrier greater firepower range, and drone launch recoil than the other tier ships but still falls behind the Shogun Battleship when using both turrets). Unlike the other two ships, however; its planes can be shot down.
Although depending largely on the Sky Knight UCAVs to combat the enemy, Allied Carriers also sport the Blackout Missiles, EMP warheads capable of shorting out electrical systems on anything they hit. The long range missile can prove devastating, as knocking out a base's AA grid will render it helpless against the Sky Knight UCAVs.
Although powerful and versatile, the new Carrier is not without its flaws. First, it still has no defense against aerial and naval threats, thus heavily relying on Hydrofoils for AA support; as well as Assault Destroyers and Riptide ACVs for protection against naval threats. Additionally, the Carrier is one of the most expensive pieces of technology in the Allied arsenal.
|Blackout Missile||By launching a Blackout missile, Aircraft Carriers can create an EMP surge in a targeted area, temporarily shutting down all vehicles and structures in the area.|
|“|| We're taking heavy losses. Allied Command is uploading emergency plans for the Aircraft Carrier.|
- Allied advisor during The Unfathomable Fortress
The Aircraft Carrier is mostly used as an artillery unit. Because of their heavy armor, they can take more hits than an Assault Destroyer does, but are vulnerable against units at close range due to their minimum attack range.
The Carrier was first introduced to the Allied commander during the mission to destroy the Empire of the Rising Sun's Floating Fortress controlling the North Sea. Unlike normal conditions, it was authorized by emergency protocols due to heavy casualties. It was made available for all missions thereafter.
They were heavily useful during the Siege of Tokyo Harbor, the bombarding of the Kirov Launch Facility-converted Sports Arenas in Havana, Cuba, and the subjugation of the Soviet Leaders in the Battle of Leningrad.
|The following is based on the Soviet campaign of Red Alert 3 and contradicts canon sources.|
|“|| How are they supposed to get a carrier into the lake? It would take many men and hours to carry!|
- Conscript, detailing the improbability of Carrier transfer
The Allied commander Lissette Hanley used the Chronosphere to teleport Dolphins and Aircraft Carriers, along with other fielded Allied Naval units onto Lake Geneva to root out the Soviet presence. Into the later parts of the war, these carriers were deployed from Von Esling Airbase in Iceland, another which was part of the Allied Emissary to meet the Soviet Ambassador in Easter Island for an armistice, and finally defending New York and the Statue of Liberty to the last. In the end they were all either sank or joined the Soviet Cause. In Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising, several of these Carriers were deployed to protect the FutureTech Facilities in Murmansk (Russia), the Yucatan, and eventually; the Sigma Harmonizer and FutureTech Assembly Plants back at Sigma Island. However, these ships were either sank or joined the Soviet Underground Resistance's cause.
|The following is based on the Empire of the Rising Sun campaign for Red Alert 3 and contradicts canon sources.|
The Carrier was attempting to blow up the Imperials in the Imperial Campaign but they failed to destroy the Floating fortress and were also sunk by the Shogun Battleships. These carriers were also seen along with Soviet Armed units in an attempt by the Joint Soviet- Allied Forces to subdue the Empire of the Rising Sun, but failed. They were last seen with the remaining Soviet forces as they defend the FutureTech HQ in the Netherlands, but perished in the hands of the Imperials. In Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising, several of these carriers- part of the Allies Occupational Forces under Director Giles Price- have responded to avert the feud between the now more mechanized forces of the Empire of the Rising Sun and of the Soviet Underground Resistance at the port city of Vladivostok. However, most of which were sank or joined the Imperials to end the arrogance of the Soviets over Imperial Domain.
Notes from the field
|“|| THEY WILL PAY FOR THIS!|
- Aircraft Carrier under attack
|“|| DO NOT LET IT STAND!|
- Aircraft Carrier firing on a target
Battlefield reconnaissance has revealed at least these facts about the Aircraft Carrier:
• Drones-a-plenty -- A carrier's squadron of drones can overwhelm even the most heavily defended installation. Should any drones be shot down, the carrier can quickly replace and/or automatically replenish them. Some carrier captains have been known to use their drones to screen for more-precious Allied aircraft.
• Lights out -- In addition to all those combat drones, a carrier's launch bay conceals the Blackout Missile, which can be used to power down vehicles or structures from an extreme range- but at a short effect period. The missile's defensive and offensive potential makes carriers even more survivable alone, or even more useful in a strike force.
• Specialized bombardment -- Intended for concerted use with other Allied forces, Aircraft Carriers are purely for anti-surface operations. The Allies have staunchly defended against complaints of aircraft carriers' lack of anti-air defenses, noting that their Hydrofoils provide superior anti-air support.
• Punishment at a premium -- Aircraft Carriers are expensive, high-tech vessels, which means they are a relatively uncommon sight. Though far less cost-prohibitive than some of the failed carrier designs proposed in the past, the model in use today still is one of the priciest fixtures of Allied warfare.
- Immensely strong and concentrated attack in general
- Limitless deployment of UCAVs
- Long Range Attack
- Strong Armor
- Can kill most units if the bombs hit accurately
- Very dangerous in large numbers
- Can use Blackout EMP Missile to shut vehicle/s or structure/s down (Can also shut even toughest units like the King Oni, Apocalypse Tank, Giga-Fortresses and rogue Futuretank X-1s, etc.)
- More powerful attack than both the Dreadnought and the Shogun Battleship's one turret
- Can beat Dreadnought in 1-on-1 fight.
- EMP Missiles will affect a greater radius for a longer duration if high technology upgrade is authorized
- Commandos are a great threat
- Anti- air attacks from units and batteries can shutdown UCAVs before it reaches its target/s
- Enemies can gain veterancy fast by shooting down UCAVs
- Useless and defenseless in close range combat
- Expensive ($2000)
- Blackout Missile has long cooldown time, as well as the EMP blast has a very short period of effect
- UCAVs are inaccurate when target/s evade quickly
- Requires Tier 3
- UCAVs can't attack aircraft- unless targeted aircrafts were not deployed in combat
- Like any metal based unit, vulnerable from the Soviet Magnetic Satellite attack (albeit in their highest level)
- Can't deploy UCAVs when on the move like Dreadnought and Shogun battleship
- Bribable by rogue Allied Spies
- If a Soviet Terror Drone uses it's Stasis electric attack on the Carrier, or infects it directly, UCAVs will not be able to deploy
- While the aircraft carrier launch its UCAVs onced grinded by the grinder the UCAVs will be destroyed
Upon exiting a Seaport
- Aircraft Carrier leaving port!
- Allied air fleet!
- Captain here!
- Carrier at sea!
- All inspections complete!
- Flight deck cleared!
- Prepare for War!
- Tall and proud!
- Pride of the Allied fleet!
- Engines at full!
- Charting course!
- Heading set!
- Everyone take note!
- Very well!
- Set a course!
- Slow and Steady!
- Send another wave!
- To the Skies!
- There's the target- GO!
- Destroy it!
- Do not let it stand!
- Now, descend upon them!
- Commence attack run!
Use Blackout Missile
- Fire the EMP!
- EMP Missiles!
- Launch the Blackout Missile!
- Shut them down!
- Put a stop to them!
Move to Attack
- Advance to bombing range!
- Prepare the jets!
- Stand by for bombing run!
- The order has been made!
- We will end this quickly!
- Ready the next offensive!
- Keep the decks clear!
- Bombardment underway!
- Air fleet engaged!
- Fly with glory!
- Send her back home!
- She'll need repairs!
- Flee these rough waters!
- We can still save her!
- Have they breached the hull?
- Where are we hit?
- All Hands! All Hands!
- They're trying to sink her!
- They will pay for this!
- Dreadnought - Soviet Navy's Capital Ship.
- Shogun battleship - Imperial Navy's Capital Ship.
- Aircraft Carrier
- Cruiser - Red Alert 1's predecessor.
- Aircraft Carrier only has one runway opposite to most of modern carriers which have two. And the runway is never used for USAV squadron is completely VTOL, thus directly launches and lands from hangar.
- Blackout Missiles are fired from UCAV's hangar instead of from a missile silo.
- Judging by the concept art below, one can assume that Apollo Fighters were originally used as the carrier's fighters.
- Many of its quotes are similar or identical to the Red Alert 2 aircraft carrier's quotes.
- In Soviet Mission:March of The Red Army,if player manage to capture an Allied seaport they will be able to build aircraft carriers.