Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Heavy assault walker
Heavy (100% Cannon, 75% Rocket, 25% Grenade, 25% Gun, 1% Sniper)
550 (Cannon) per laser, 200% scalar against civilian buildings, 50% scalar against infantry
1.5 seconds per laser
|“|| That Tripod left a husk. I think an engineer should be able to capture it!|
- GDI troops talking about the dead Tripod
The tripod walker is armed with three proton beam weapons, each mounted on the end of an articulating arm.
At closer distances, the walkers release what appears to be a small electromagnetic pulse which effectively disables any land-based mechanical object in the blast radius, including structures. Owing to their sheer size, Annihilator tripods have been known to literally walk over smaller units such as Scorpion or MBT-6 Predator tanks, destroying them.
While naturally durable, the armour protection of the Tripod appears to be supplemented on occasion by Forcefield generators. Units fitted with these shields are capable of absorbing one EMP attack without losing power and can also take considerably more damage than they would otherwise.
However, as proven by both GDI and Nod, the Annihilator Tripod is by no means invincible. A well-trained Commando can run up to a Tripod and disable it almost instantly with an explosive charge applied to the vulnerable underside of its body. Once disabled, GDI Engineers, Scrin Assimilators and Nod Saboteurs can reactivate the downed Tripod for their respective factions.
Tripods have no defense against aircraft and are next to useless against infantry. A decent force of anti-vehicle infantry is often sufficient to take on a Tripod, unless it gets close enough to crush them underfoot. If neither of these are available, numerous or very heavy vehicles (such as Mammoth tanks) can take them on, but must again be wary of its ability to disable vehicles at close range.
- Main article: Reaper Tripod
In Kane's Wrath, Reaper-17 utilizes a stronger, Tiberium-mutated variant known as the Reaper Tripod. This version can absorb Tiberium (much like a Devourer Tank) to power up its beam attacks. This ability can benefit from the Conversion Reserves upgrade.
Despite their preference for fast and light units, Traveler-59 can build Annihilator Tripods, though these versions can not be upgraded with Forcefield Generators.
All versions can be combined with Buzzers, which will attack anything that gets within a certain radius of the Tripod and are particularly strong against enemy infantry.
|Uncombine with Buzzers||Orders the Buzzer swarm attached to the vehicle to detach and roam freely (Ctrl+A).|
|Forcefield generators||Adding Forcefield Generators equips Annihilator Tripods with glowing energy shields for added protection, absorbing up to 2500 points of damage. Shields take 100% damage from all damage types except Sniper (1%). Shields regenerate 2 minutes after being damaged or destroyed (Ctrl+A).||Purchasable at any Technology Assembler for $4000 and takes 1:30 to research.|
The Annihilator tripod has better firepower, range, and maneuverability than the standard Mammoth Mk. III, however, its armour is not as durable. A Mammoth upgraded with railgun weaponry can easily damage or destroy an unprotected Annihilator at range. At 3000 credits, the walker is also one of the most expensive Tier 3 units seen on the battlefield. It leaves a husk.
- Powerful weaponry that is able to either focus on one target or attack multiple targets.
- Faster than Mammoth tank.
- Fastest movement among walkers (60 while Avatars have 50, Juggernauts, Eradicator and Redeemer have 40)
- Possesses an effective EMP weapon for close range engagements.
- Can outrange most units, save for true artillery.
- Two versions (the Reaper Tripod and the Scrin Annihilator Tripod) can be upgraded with shields.
- Can simply trample tier 1 and 2 vehicles and infantry
- Can defeat most of the ground units in a one versus one fight. There have been documented instances of 2 Annihilator Tripods taking out a MARV using well timed EMP blasts.
- Can be rapidly repaired by fellow Corrupters.
- Husks may be reactivated to save on funds.
- Can combine with Buzzers to counter infantry.
- Defenseless vs aircraft, and very vulnerable to Orca Gunships.
- Particularly vulnerable to Commandos, as Forcefield Generator does not protect it from C4 charges.
- Vulnerable to anti-vehicle infantry, such as Missile squads when massed.
- The Forcefield requires 2 minutes to recharge after being disabled.
- One of the most expensive ground units.
- Only available at tier 3.
- Being mechanical, EMP weapons may be used to disable the Tripod if it lacks Forcefields.
- No Forcefields for Traveler-59 faction.
- Husks may be reactivated by hostile forces.
- Certain units such as Stealth tanks can easily kill Tripods using superior speed and stealth.
- Large numbers of tier 2 units can kill a Tripod easily.
The Annihilator tripod may have been inspired by the tripods from the War of the Worlds novel.