75 (60 if badly damaged)
Construct Battle bunker
|“|| Come back when you're ready for some more|
- Helix, unloading
The default configuration was essentially a Helix upgraded with the Battle Bunker component. The helicopter itself was armed with a single machine-gun and sported medium armour. Its biggest advantage was its ability to have any infantry loaded on, up to eight soldiers, who were then able to fire out from its many ports using their own weapons. For example, a Tank Hunter could fire his rockets at any enemies from the safety of the Assault Helix.
However, due to the nature of the craft and a battle doctrine based solely on infantry, the Assault Helix could not carry vehicles or be upgraded with any of the other Helix upgrades, such as a Speaker Tower or Gatling guns.
|Drop Napalm Bomb||The Helix drops a napalm bomb into the designated area. Unless ordered to do something else, it will keep bombing the same spot with napalm bombs. The Helix doesn't fire its Gattling Cannon while dropping the bomb (it will use its standard machine gun, though).|
|Bunker||Assault Helix is most effective as a transport helicopter since its capacity is limited to eight men or 3 men and a vehicle. It is effective at delivering fresh troops from the main base to outposts, small bases, or troop columns around the map. Infantry being transported in the Helix may fire from within it. This is best used for clearing enemy units and those out of range of base defenses, giving a respite to the base before delivering the new troops. This cost $400.|
|Napalm Bomb||This upgrade allowed Napalm Bombs to be dropped directly under the Helix, which after each release there would be a short recharge time. This cost $800.|
|“|| HA! More room for weapons|
- Helix, unloading
It is used best when loaded with Tank Hunters allowing it to rapidly destroy tanks and aircraft. Loaded with mini-gunners, it can literally rain down hot lead on any infantry and light vehicles below.
|“|| Get out there and take care of business|
- Helix, unloading
To effectively counter this foe, a general would need to build many anti-air platforms such as Quad cannons, Patriots and Gatling Tanks. As with the standard Helix, an Assault Helix without Tank Hunters loaded onboard were easy pickings for fixed-wing aircraft such as Raptors or rogue MiGs.
Even when it was fully loaded with Mini-Gunners and Tank Hunters alike, aircraft can often speed in, shoot down the helicopter, and escape before suffering any significant damage and losses. This was especially the case for King Raptors.
- A permanent Bunker Style of Helix.
- Carry more than Helix's slots up to as many as Chinook can (8 slots)
- More durable than original Helix due to Bunker ability
- Bunker still requires upgrade
- More vulnerabilities due to fixed upgrade.
- Cannot upgrade Speaker Tower, and thus it cannot heal on-the-fly.
- Cannot upgrade Gatling Cannon, thus cannot detect stealth.
- Cannot carry any vehicle.
- Cannot carry Construction Dozers for building remote bases
- Cannot carry any Stealth Detection Unit other than Super Lotus (Not Counting Black Lotus or Pathfinders from other factions)
- Cannot carry any vehicles that heals, can only heals by returning to base, or wait until Assault Troop Crawler or Attack Outpost catches up from land, unless player uses Minigunner or Super Lotus to capture enemy airfields.
- Better than Chinook but far inferior with Combat Chinook in terms of defenses and tactics
- Though carrying with all mini-gunners can tears most aircraft down, it is still vulnerable to Fighters due to range attack
- Helix, basic Chinese variant