These powerful canines were raised from when they were pups to be killing machines, and performed extremely well against enemy troops, despite often taking heavy casualties under fire. They were very useful for reconnaissance purposes due to their speed, vision, and expendable status. They could also sniff out enemy Spies no matter what disguise they had taken on. They were of particular use during the Psychic Dominator Disaster, as Yuri's psychics were only trained in controlling human minds, and were vulnerable to dogs. Although dogs were not provided with any armour and died quickly when exposed to enemy fire, it was not usually a problem since the dogs were able to move and kill very quickly.
Being dogs armed with only their own teeth, they were unable to attack anything other than infantry. Groups of enemy troops were able to kill dogs before they got near, and Tanya, Navy SEALs and Boris could kill dogs instantly. Furthermore, the Brute's skin was too thick for a dog's teeth to pierce. Tesla Troopers, however, had weak points in their armor which dogs exploited to lethal effect.
The Allies still use them in the Post-war Crisis, while the Soviets replaced them with the War Bear. After Cherdenko changed the timeline, the Attack dog is now capable of swimming and are equipped with the ability to stun enemy infantry.
- Can kill any infantry instantly (including Commandos if they can get close enough).
- Cheap, priced at only $200, the same price as a GI
- Cannot be mind-controlled.
- Useful for reconnaissance purposes.
- Can detect enemy Spies no matter what disguise they had taken on.
- Can become a suicide unit if used with the Crazy Ivan, which is better than the Terrorist.
- Can be used as a meat shield for other units, especially for vehicles since dogs are almost as fast as them.
- Fast movement speed.
- Useless and helpless against vehicles and structures, unless used with Crazy Ivan.
- Groups of enemy troops are able to kill dogs before they get near.
- Tanya, Navy SEALs, Snipers, Viruses, Boris, and Desolators could kill them instantly.
- The Brute's skin is too thick, therefore they cannot attack it.
- Susceptible to friendly fire when attacking enemy infantry that are fired upon by allies.
- Very fragile, easy to kill with anti-infantry weapons.
- Can only attack at close range.
- When an attack dog kills a terrorist, the bomber would explode while the dog is not damaged in any way.
- In Mental Omega 3.0 mod the dog can swim and therefore can be a threat to SEALs in large numbers.
- The manual for The First Decade states that Yuri can use Attack Dogs. This is false; Yuri is the only faction that can't use them, employing Brutes instead.
- In real life, Siberian Husky is one of the worst possible breed choices for attack or guard dog: these dogs lack the territorial protection instinct, and are completely unaggressive towards humans, therefore they cannot be trained to perform direct combat duties.