|For organisation of the same name, see Black Hand. For Tiberian Twilight unit, see Black Hand (Tiberian Twilight).|
Full body power armor
500 per squad member
Heavy (5% Cannon, 50% Rocket, 75% Grenade, 100% Gun, 100% Sniper)
67 per squad member (Grenade)
Continuous, 1 second delay in switching between targets
Clear garrisoned structure
|“|| The Black Hand has arrived!|
- Black hand rolling out of the Hand of Nod
Forces of the Black Hand wear full powered armor with fireproof cloaks to mask their thermal signatures and helmets with three horizontal visors. This equipment allows them to use their advanced flamethrowers effectively without harming their health, and is part of the source for their outstanding durability in the field. It is important to note that this suit does not provide protection from other flamethrowers and they can be killed by Flame Tanks or even other Black Hand troopers.
Ironically, the Black Hand's advanced powered armor does not provide the user with protection against Tiberium radiation, making it the only type of elite infantry that is unable to get through Tiberium fields unharmed. It also does not protect them from being run over by heavier vehicles.
Though Black Hand troopers are available for most Nod commanders to deploy, commanders with a position inside the Black Hand are granted access to more experienced, battle-hardened troopers. Additionally, rocket militia or Confessor Cabals serving with the Black Hand can have a flame trooper lead their squad. These troopers, the Black Disciples, dramatically increase the power of a squad. Also, the Black Hand commanders are fond of upgrading the standard fuel of their troopers with the purifying flame, an even more damaging concoction.
Inversely, the Marked of Kane do not deploy Black Hand forces. In addition the post-Marcion disdain for stealth, as well as their mistrust for "soulless machines", Black Hand forces are unsuited for the tactics used by the Marked, given their rather low speed. Within the subfaction, Tiberium troopers fulfill the Black Hand's role.
In the years after the Second Tiberium War and the Firestorm Crisis, the Black Hand fell under the leadership of Anton Slavik. However, with Kane's apparent demise, the ranks of the Black Hand began to resent their new leader and Slavik was ultimately assassinated. The Black Hand eventually became one of the many splinter factions that separated from the Brotherhood and fell under the charismatic skills of Marcion who had denounced Kane as a false Prophet. The elite soldiers of the Black Hand continued to work under his rule and began a radical shift in their combat doctrine to match that of their new leader. It was during this time that the legions of the Black Hand had their might increase dramatically.
However, Kane had not died but in fact survived the end of the Second Tiberium War and had been working to reunite the Brotherhood once more in the events of the Second Nod Reunification War. Through the use of the advanced AI known as LEGION, loyalist forces attacked Marcion's Black Hand and managed to capture the heretic leader who was brought before Kane and repented for his actions. This led to the Black Hand being accepted back into the fold of the Brotherhood of Nod where they continued to develop silently in the shadows whilst preparing for a coming war foreseen by Kane.
That time came when the events of the Third Tiberium War began and the Black Hand infantry served as elite shock troopers on the battlefield. Known for their urban combat skills, they were extremely loyal, chosen brethren of Nod, whose excellent training and inhuman stamina allow them to decimate enemy infantry, burn down buildings and clear garrisons. They are usually deployed in squads of six. Their ruthlessness and lack of mercy also make them amongst the most feared infantry in the Third Tiberium War.
|Call for transport||If an Air Tower is deployed, Black Hand can call in a Nod Transport for pickup for a small fee of $200. This ability has a 2 minute cooldown (Ctrl+A).|
|Purifying Flame||Burning blue-hot with a potent Tiberium-based fuel, Purifying Flame enhances the damage of each Black Hand squad member to 100.5 damage per second, a 50% increase. (Ctrl+S).||Purchasable at Black Hand Secret Shrine $3000 and takes 1:30 to research.|
Their flamethrowers are good against infantry and structures, but do little damage against most vehicles such as heavy tanks, so the best method of countering them is to use any vehicle with anti-infantry capacity. Furthermore, they are capable of instantly clearing garrisoned buildings. Their flamethrowers are quite effective against light vehicles if under prolonged fire though. With the Purifying Flame upgrade, however, light vehicles and even tanks are at grave risk.
As a note, their flamethrowers deal splash damage - any structure or unit caught in the cone of flame will take also take damage.
Effective weapons against them include most anti-infantry weapons although their heavy armor allows them to survive at least a few head-on enemy attacks. Snipers, Commandos and Shadow Teams are good counters.
- Have insane amount of health, and easily the physically toughest infantry in the entire war.
- Somewhat cheap (900 credits) and available relatively early in the tech tree. (only an Operations Center is required)
- Incredibly resistant to cannon damage from tanks and artillery units (such as Juggernauts & Specters).
- Flamethrower is very effective against infantry and structures; upgradable with Purifying Flame research. (Black Hand faction only)
- Splash damage. Can hit multiple targets with its attack
- Can clear garrisoned buildings in an instant.
- Good squad size. (6 members)
- Does not explode into a fireball when killed unlike flame tanks.
- Can be crushed by medium and heavier vehicles.
- Relatively slow movement.
- Can be suppressed by concentrated fire.
- Flamethrower is ineffective against heavy vehicles, especially tanks and walkers (although, the Purifying Flame upgrade can negate this setback)
- Snipers and Shadow Teams, as well as Ravagers and Commandos are threats to them.
- Short range weapon.
- Useless against airborne targets.
- Affected by Tiberium exposure.
- Very hard to gain veterancy due to the requirements for them to engage opposing units.
- Surprisingly, becomes little more than a meatshield unit in the Black Hand sub faction.
- Their flamethrowers are ineffective against commandos unless at close ranges (same with Flame Tank.)
- The Black Hand is in control!
- The Black Hand has arrived!
- We have orders.
- We are the chosen!
- The Black Hand awaits.
- They will fear us!
- There is work to be done.
- One vision, one purpose!
- Take the area!
- We're in control here!
- This way!
- We've been called!
- It is ours to take!
- We must have it!
- Kill them!
- They must die!
- Eliminate them!
- Burn them alive!
Clearing Garrisoned Structure
- Clear them out!
- Expel them!
- They cannot hide from the Black Hand!
- Walls will not protect them!
- They think they are safe in there..
Move to Attack
- Enemies of Kane!
- Pursue them!
- They stand in our way!
- They oppose Kane!
- We're not finished here!
- Let none escape!
- Exterminate the weak!
- Spare no one!
- They reek of fear!
- Clear a path!
- We'll be back!
- To the ground!
- Find cover!
•One will pretend to use a shotgun? I'm very tired at the time of writing this, but hey... Someone do this one for me?