Chemical warriors were members of the Black Hand who underwent advanced weapon training wearing specialized bio-hazard suits which allowed them to cross Tiberium fields with ease.
Equipped with gas masks and other gear created by Kane's Temple of Nod scientists, the Chemical Warrior was the only infantry unit in the arsenals of either Nod or GDI capable of walking over Tiberium fields without fear of harm. They were, however, not protected against Tiberium spores ejected from Blossom Trees. The chemical spray weapon they carried produced a short-lived corrosive Tiberium gas that was very effective against armored targets.
- Effective against infantry, light vehicles, and structures.
- Reasonably cheap ($300).
- Produce a poison gas that is 50% more lethal than a flamethrower
- Unaffected by Tiberium and immune to their own gas.
- Does Splash damage.
- Vulnerable to anti-infantry units
- Vulnerable to air units.
- Ineffective against heavily armoured vehicles
- Still susceptible to Tiberium spores ejected from Blossom Trees