|This article is about the Chinook in the Red Alert universe. For other Chinooks, see Chinook.|
The Boeing CH-47 Chinook was a versatile, twin-engine, tandem rotor heavy-lift helicopter.
Chinooks saw extensive use during Second World War by both sides as infantry transports and ordnance delivery units. Dubbed "flying APCs", they were capable of delivering infantry to any location on the battlefield and evacuate vital personnel, such as doctor Albert Einstein.
After the war the Allies discommissioned them in favor of the newer Nighthawk transport. The Soviets lost theirs along with most of their airpower as a penalty of losing the war and have not had a transport plane until the Twinblade in the War of the Three Powers
- Can be unlocked early in the game (only an Helipad is required).
- Can load up to 5 infantry
- Great for protecting engineers.
- Can travel directly over any terrain
- Faster and stronger than the badger
- Expensive, at $1200
- Vulnerable to all forms of anti-aircraft fire.
- Only appear in multiplayer games