HK MP-5 Submachine Gun
Medium Flak Armour
Chronoshifts to target destination
Increased strength, firepower, rate of fire, self-healing
|“|| A little C4 knockin' at your door!|
- Chrono Commando
Chrono Commandos are specially trained SEAL operatives, equipped with a man-portable chronosphere device, identical to the one used by the Chrono Legionnaire. Apart from the ability to chronoshift (i.e. teleport) across the map, SEALs retain their trademark equipment, namely the MP5 submachinegun and C4 explosive charges.
Chrono Commandos are granted to the player upon infiltrating an enemy Allied Battle Lab. They are able to chronoshift across the map and are an extreme threat to infantry and buildings alike, and are also able to take out light vehicles, such as Terror Drones.
A Chrono Commando's chronoshift ability is formidable: he instantly disappears from his origin point, but takes a bit of time to appear at the target point; the longer the distance, the longer the time. If undetected when chronoshifting into the enemy base, the Commando can theoretically lay waste to much of it relatively unmolested thanks to the chrono device.
Like every other unit though, Chrono Commandos have their own weaknesses as well. They will not fire at explosive barrels or ammo crates, they use C4 instead, which is obviously suicidal for them. The same intelligence applies for Nuclear Reactors and Tech Oil Derricks. Chrono Commandos are unimaginably vulnerable against air attacks as well as mind control, as their range is shorter than mind-controlling units'. Most heavy vehicles also pose a serious threat to them. Walls are the best defense in case of a Chrono Commando attack.
- It is basically the combination between the Navy SEAL and Chrono Legionnaire
- Easily cuts through entire armies of infantry, with only one or two of these units
- Instant explosive charge; does not require time to get inside and destroy it.
- Hollowing movement via chrono step.
- Immune to crush, except from Battle Fortresses.
- Lower armor than basic infantry.
- Cannot swim.
- Still vulnerable as SEAL except more vulnerabilities due to swim prohibition and chrono recharging every step.
- Still cannot destroy an Oil Derrick and a Nuclear Reactor as it will die from the resulting explosion.
- The most expensive infantry available in game, priced at $2000.
- Can become a huge threat if mind-controlled.
- Can be stopped from planting a C4 charge if the structure is surrounded by walls.
- Can be stopped also if structures are covered by Snipers.
- This unit will be announced to all players when trained.
- Available only when infiltrating an Allied Battle Lab.