| This article is written from a|
real world point of view.
|Command & Conquer:|
|Publisher||Virgin Interactive (1997-1998)|
Electronic Arts (1998-present)
|Latest version||1.08 (retail)|
3.03 (1999 beta patch)
|Release Date||3 April 1997|
|Requirements||DOS or Windows 95/98|
266 MHz Processor
8 MB RAM
350 MB HDD space
2x CD-ROM Drive
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Command & Conquer: Red Alert: Counterstrike is the first of two expansions for Command & Conquer: Red Alert, released in 1997 with some new missions for both the Allies and the Soviets. It was the first expansion pack to bring new units, however they were campaign only. Arguably, the main feature of this expansion was the four secret Ant missions complete with a new "faction" of enemies, the Giant Ants.
The majority of multiplayer maps were designed by Intelligent Games.
- Nikos Stavros
- Tesla Tank (prototype version)
- Advanced Tactical Submarine
- Prototype Nuclear MiG (enemy unit, can be obtained by ording an engineer to capture the airfield when it's still in the air and capture the airfield after it has landed)
- Sarin Gas 1: Crackdown
- Sarin Gas 2: Down Under
- Sarin Gas 3: Controlled Burn
- Fall of Greece 1: Personal War
- Fall of Greece 2: Evacuation
- Siberian Conflict 1: Fresh Tracks
- Siberian Conflict 2: Trapped
- Siberian Conflict 3: Wasteland
- Proving Grounds
- Legacy Of Tesla
- Soviet Soldier Volkov & Chitzkoi
- Top O' The World
- Paradox Equation
- Nuclear Escalation
Secret ant missionsEdit
- Main article: It Came From Red Alert!
To activate the Ant missions, go to the main menu, hold Shift while clicking the speaker at the top right corner of the screen. Then select the difficulty.