|This page contains The Command and Conquer Wiki's command & Conquer Wiki:Image and video policy. It describes rules for images and videos which are uploaded to the wiki.|
- Images and videos are subject to the general content criteria. In addition, there are some specific rules for this type of content outlined below.
- Images may only be uploaded for use in articles and on user pages. On talk or forum pages, please link external images instead. Images for use in one's signature are considered user page images.
- Images should be of good quality.
- Images should never include parts of the UI (HUD, crosshair) unless the point of the given image is to illustrate the UI itself.
- Images should have a descriptive name.
User page images
- Only 5 user page images are allowed per user. If you wish to free up "slots", you need to mark old images for deletion.
- The file names of user page images have to start with "User" in order to avoid confusion with images for use in articles.
- User page images violating any of these rules will be deleted without warning.
- Embedded videos may only be used in articles if they illustrate issues which cannot be expressed by written text at all or only with difficulty. Examples for acceptable videos are game trailers or a video illustrating how to find an item which is in a hard-to-find location.
- Videos for user pages may not be uploaded to the wiki; please use the YouTube extension if you wish to place videos on your user page.
Files should take the following format:
Note the existence of underscores. The <Extension> represents the extension of the image file type and is only included here for completeness. Aside from that the extension is irrelevant to the naming convention.
This is an identifier for the C&C product the file came from.
|CNCTD||Tiberian Dawn and expansions|
|CNCTS||Tiberian Sun and expansions|
|CNCRA1||Red Alert, expansions receive an additional CS or AF suffixes.|
|CNCRA2||Red Alert 2. Yuri's Revenge gets an additional YR suffix.|
|RA3||Red Alert 3. Uprising gets and additional U suffix.|
|Gen||Generals. Zero Hour receives a ZH suffix.|
|Gen2||Generals 2. Could also be named to CNCF2P/CNC2013.|
|Tib||Tiberium, concept art and the like for the unreleased game.|
This is the name of the primary focus of the image. Refer to the appropriate image categories to find names already in use. : Minigunner, AttackCycle, Obelisk, Toxin Tractor Note the capitalization.
This identifies the nature of the image. Use common sense when naming; this is not an exhaustive list.
|Art||General 2D art from in-product sources.|
|Cinematic||Art from cinematics.|
|Concept Art||Concept art.|
|WIP||Static images of in-game objects during product development (work-in-progress).|
|WIPAnim||Animations of in-game objects during product development (work-in-progress).|
|InGame||Static images of in-game objects. Only use this category for the final release.|
|Animation||Animations of in-game objects. Only use this category for the final release.|
|Cameo||Side bar unit portraits.|
Every type identifier should be followed by a number, as there may be multiple images of the same type. For example, a category might have images named as follows: : CNCTW Grenadier Concept Art 1.jpg, CNCTW Grenadier Concept Art 2.jpg
Ensure that file extensions and numbering is consistent. Avoid using the same filename with a different extension, it causes unnecessary confusion.
Names are case sensitive. CNCTW Grenadier Concept Art 1.jpg is not the same as CNCtw grenadier concept art 1.jpg.
All images should be categorized within the Category:Images tree. Like articles, images may belong to multiple categories.