Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For other commandos, see Commando.|
|“|| Keep 'em comin'!|
- Commando in action
|“|| I got a present for ya!|
- Commando getting ready to blow up a building
Commando forces are tasked with infiltration and demolition of vital enemy structures, or assassinating crucial, irreplaceable personnel. They are allowed to customize their equipment and weapons to a degree no other soldier is allowed. Many discard their regulatory uniforms, preferring custom-made battle harnesses and camo clothing.
Commando forces make use of a silenced .50 Caliber (12,7mm) variant of the Cobretti AR-70 Raptor automatic rifle, a weapon that entered widespread service towards the end of the First Tiberium War. High recoil but high power of the 12,7mm battle rifle however prompts to use it as a powerful sniper rifle, firing single shots from afar. In addition, they carry large quantities of C4 charges for the demolition of enemy structures.
Usually, commandos are deployed via air insertion in areas far away of their intended target, then have to treck long distances on foot the rest of the way. This is done because commando targets are usually far too well guarded to deploy them any closer, and on commando missions most of the time stealth is considered a key factor.
Their combat prowess allows them to accomplish their missions against seemingly unbeatable odds. This includes destroying a heavily defended airfield by GDI special forces or recapturing an overrun base and assassinating Doctor Wong Hu Chan, head of the Ion Cannon project, by Nod snipers.
|“|| REAL TOUGH GUY!!|
Commando forces are skilled marksmen and as such are highly effective against infantry. Further, the use of C4 charges enables them to demolish buildings with ease. However, the Commando's weaponry is ineffective against enemy vehicles. Therefore, direct engagements with enemy armor are strongly discouraged. Further, base defenses like Obelisks and Guard towers can easily kill a commando before he can get close enough to plant an explosive charge to disable the building.
- Effective against infantry and buildings.
- Can quickly destroy whole bases with C4 if they're not well defended
- Reasonable speed.
- Effective range far greater than that of standard infantry units
- Ineffective against any armored vehicle, especially vulnerable to anti-infantry vehicles
- Vulnerable to any kind of air unit
- Vulnerable to any sort of anti-infantry fire
- Cannot overcome base defences because he must get close to plant C4 charges
- Frank Klepacki did the voice acting for the Commando.
- While some publicity shots (taken for propaganda purposes) feature commandos posing with Benelli M3Super90 semi-auto shotguns, in-game they use "Raptor" .50 cal assault rifle/sniper rifle hybrids, deadly over long ranges and outfitted with integral suppressors.