100 per squad member
Light (25% Cannon, 50% Rocket, 100% Grenade, 100% Gun, 100% Sniper)
0.3 seconds, firing duration is 0.3 seconds
|“|| The Hand becomes the fist!|
- Confessor Cabal
The Black Hand does not accept mediocrity in its line infantry. Instead of Militant Squads, the Black Hand deploys groups of six machine gun-wielding Confessors. These lethal infantry, while inherently slow due to their heavy armor and weaponry, are capable of mowing down most of their counterparts with ease, as well as providing important leadership to nearby infantry.
|Hallucinogenic Grenades||Confessor Cabals can hurl Hallucinogenic Grenades at enemy infantry, causing them to fire on each other for 6 seconds. This activated ability has a range of 250 with a splash radius of 75 and takes 30 seconds to recharge (Ctrl+A).|
|Black Disciple||Adds a Black Hand trooper to the squad. This gives the Confessor Cabal a short range anti-infantry defense and ability to clear garrissons (Ctrl+A)||Purchasable at Black Hand Secret Shrine $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
|Charged particle beams||Enhances Confessor Cabals' firepower further by replacing their machine guns with rapid-firing energy weapons (Ctrl+S).||Purchasable at Black Hand Tech Lab for $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
|“|| Guidance for the masses.|
- Confessor Cabal
The Confessors are better than all other factions starting infantry with the possible exception being the Awakened. They can be further upgraded with the Black Disciple, who also benefits from the purifying flame upgrade. In addition, the Particle Beam rifles the Confessors can be upgraded with can make short work of enemy infantry. To top it off, they are reasonably cheap. With all upgrades bought, they are perhaps the most versatile basic infantry unit; they are excellent against enemy infantry, can be good against structures with the Black Disciples upgrade, and can do more respectable levels of damage to vehicles than most equivalent units. Additionally, infantry of the player that controls them gain defense and firepower bonuses from standing near them, although this bonus does not stack (surrounding something like a Militant Rocket Squad with Black Disciples will not grant a better bonus than just having one stand near them). Particle Beams make them so lethal that they can beat Zone Troopers (which cost three times as much as they do) squad-for-squad.
However, they are ineffective against tanks, aircraft and extremely vulnerable to anti-infantry weapons. But, when teaming up with Rocket Squads, a large enough force of just Confessors and Rocket Squads can even take down more than one Epic Unit at once.
The Confessor Cabals' hallucinogenic grenades are thrown using an active ability with a long pre-attack delay, as opposed to the automatic passive one that the regular Nod confessors use. This makes the Cabals' grenades less effective in general, although their firepower more than compensates. The Hallucinogenic Grenade has a very small area of effect and causes enemy infantry it is used against to go berserk and attack allies that are within range. If no allies are within range they will simply target their enemies within range as per normal, although their commander will have no control over their actions until the effect wears off. Hallucinogenic grenades' effect is independent for every infantryman affected; if it is thrown at a squad, though the squad may count as one unit the troops within the squad will shoot each other until the effect wears off.
- An upgraded version of basic infantry
- Can quickly suppress any infantry
- Leadership aura greatly increases infantry effectiveness, allow any allies' infantry to fight with more power
- Hallucinogenic grenade allows Confessor Cabal to inflict lethal damage to enemy infantry by attacking each other
- Particle Beam upgrade increases damage
- Black Disciple upgrade adds a single Black Hand trooper that increases combat effectiveness and allows garrison clearing
- Is able to defeat stock Epic Units when combined with (many) Militant Rocket Squads
- Probably the heaviest basic infantry
- Somewhat expensive
- Hallucinogenic Grenade must be manually activated
- Vulnerable to aircraft
- Vulnerable to anti-infantry units
- Leadership aura doesn't affect vehicles
- Cannot obtain Tiberium immunity
- Ineffective against vehicles
- Relatively expensive to use as cannon fodder
- There is a glitch that affects Particle Beam-equipped Cabals
- Confessor of Nod!
- Confessor of Kane!
- Our Cabal emerges!
- We bear the word!
- In Kane's service!
- The light is ours!
- For Kane!
- Rally to the Brotherhood!
- Faith in numbers!
- We are the chosen!
- We lead!
- The advantage is ours!
- Guidance for the masses!
- Kane's word is all!
- We serve the prophet!
- Advance to glory!
- As you command!
- For the Black Hand!
- We shall lead!
- The word is ours!
- In the glory of Kane!
- To the light!
- All shall see!
- A house of Kane!
- We will control it!
- On this rock!
- Purge them!
- Malice and pain!
- They will confess!
- The end is near!
- Show them the light!
- We are true!
- Hear the word!
Move to Attack
- We bring glory!
- The Hand becomes the fist!
- For Kane!
- We must purify!
- They will falter!
- Rally to us!
- Strength in faith!
- We must survive!
- The word should still live!
- It is Kane's will!
- Rifleman Squad - GDI's basic infantry
- Militant Squad - Nod's basic infantry
- Awakened - Marked of Kane's basic infantry
- Buzzers - Scrin's basic infantry