Medium (100% Cannon, 75% Rocket, 25% Grenade, 25% Gun, 1% Sniper)
Medium vehicle. Strong vs infantry and structures
Each Corrupter is equipped with a large tank containing a Tiberium-based, viscous liquid. Corrupters use the launching system that lies inside their "mouths" that contains a strong acid that mixes with the Tiberium-based liquid. The Walker then sprays this acidic Tiberium-based liquid at targets through its 'mouth', either to rapidly decimate enemy infantry squads, clear garrisons, or destroy structures.
In contrast, the sludge has a regenerative effect on other Scrin units and as a result Corrupters had been seen spewing it on fellow units for battlefield repairs.
|Uncombine with Buzzers||Orders the Buzzer swarm attached to the vehicle to detach and roam freely (Ctrl+A).|
The Corrupter is primarily useful for its spraying healing ability, which is cost-effective due to the vehicle's relatively low price. As a weapon, the spray is short-ranged and rather weak against most enemy units. GDI missile squads and Nod rocket militants outrange the Corrupter and are capable of destroying it before it has a chance to attack. It is the only Scrin unit besides buzzers that can clear garrisons. It may create visceroids when it slays enemy infantry, but this is uncommon. These visceroids will attack their "parent" corrupter for a short time (causing no real harm), then come under its owner's control.
- Can repair Scrin vehicles and infantry
- Effective vs. infantry and structures
- Can clear garrisoned structures
- Very fast attack
- Reasonably quick movement speed
- Attacking infantry may cause visceroid mutation which the visceroids attack all factions including the player's (this may be more of a blessing than a curse when killing a platoon of advanced infantry, as visceroids surprisingly resist sniper attack)
- Defenseless against aircraft
- Almost useless against vehicles
- Vulnerable to anti-armour, with relatively weak armour
- Short range
The Visceroid spawning ability is in Tiberium Wars, but not in Kane's Wrath(though the tooltip remains).