Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grants a bonus
In Tiberian Sun and Firestorm, crates look like grey polyhedrons consisted by pentagons and feature a diversity of contents;they also sometimes serve as mission objectives (e.g. Retrieve Disruptor Crystals). In skirmish and multiplayer mode, a crate's content is always random, and can both benefit or hinder the player's units/gameplay.
Sometimes when picked up, a symbol will appear for a few seconds to indicate what bonus/punishment is contained inside the crate.
Known Crate Contents
- Credits (a dollar symbol, these credits don't occupy any refineries and silos)
- Veterancy (a star symbol)
- Unit Armor Upgrade (a metal sphere symbol)
- Unit Firepower Upgrade (a gun & rocket symbol)
- Unit Speed Upgrade (identical symbol to armor)
- Restore Full Health (a redcross symbol)
- Reveal Entire Map (a completely visible Globe and GDI Radar Dish symbol)
- Cover Entire Map (an earth-in-dark symbol, entire battle field is covered by shroud except the areas in direct sight of the commander's units and structures)
- A Round of Superweapon (usually a Nod's missile, a missile symbol appears in this case)
- Unit (any type of unit, even an enemy's MCV)
- Light Bomb (kills the unit who picked it up + nearby surrounding units in a blast)
- Explosive (instantly kills the unit who picks up crate and surrounding units with a huge blast, and a depression in the ground may form)
- Chemical Explosive (instantly kills the unit and release several highly toxic tiberium gas clouds appearing in a 9x9 area, like a Chemical Missile)
- Tiberium (release a small portion of green or blue tiberium on the surrounding area)
- Cloak. (cloaks all nearby units permanently.)