A detpack is an exotic new explosive used exclusively by GDI commandos in the demolitions role. The commandos also relied on it to efficiently destroy enemy structures and mechanized walkers, which they did.
- A GDI commando used detpacks to destroy the Nod base of operations at Hampton Roads
- Another GDI commando, Fullerton, destroyed an annihilator Tripod walker in his mission to help retake Stuttgart
- Nod's commandos use satchel charges, which are just at effective as the detpack
- Nod Shadow Teams use a weaker version of the detpack, stolen straight out of a GDI science project
- The Scrin commando, the Mastermind does not use any explosives, but instead has the Manipulator Device, which allows or to mind- control an enemy unit or structure