Capital Artillery Battleship
Plasma disc batteries
True to its name, the Devastator Warship is capable of causing grievous damage to units on the ground. Resembling a gigantic floating lobster-like lifeform, every Devastator is armed with plasma disc batteries that possess an impressively long range. These weapons are responsible for much of the destruction wreaked in Earth's Blue zones.
Owing to its slow movement and long-range weaponry, the Scrin employ this as siege weapon, capable of laying waste to structures and clustered ground units alike. To counter its relative vulnerability to aircraft, its lifespan can be increased by an energy shield. Traveler-59's Devastators can instead be upgraded with a device that increases its movement speed. These devices are known as "Traveler Engines".
In terms of size and its purpose as a siege weapon, the Devastator is analogous to human battleships. Of course, its ability to fly grants it greater flexibility, even if it is comparatively fragile.
- Good survivability, especially with force fields.
- It's extreme attack range allows it to outrange all static base-defenses which forces enemy commanders to deal with them manually.
- It's attacks are powerful and does damage to a wide area
- Very terrifying if used en-masse to attack and accompanied by Planetary Assault Carrier escorts to fend off would-be attackers.
- Can eliminate entire squads of infantry with extreme effectiveness.
- Can devastate even Epic units.
- Can be upgraded with traveler engines to enhance speed (available only to Traveler-59 ).
- Only vulnerable to units with anti-air capability.
- Relatively cheap compared to the other Tier 3 units.
- Heals in Ion storms.
- Expensive and available at tier 3 only.
- Slow for an air unit.
- Reaper-17 does not use this aircraft.
- Hard to repair once it is at the local friendly Gravity Stabilizer.
- Accuracy is worse than that of the Specters, and very inaccurate against fast moving units.
- Firehawks and Venoms are especially dangerous to it (since it cannot attack air units).
- Single EMP Blast can take it down, if it has no shields.
- Slingshots and Mantis units are deadly against it.
- Commanders often react extremely quickly to the warship due to the threat it poses, often spamming anti air units before the warship has time to react. If left unprotected against such an onslaught, it is doomed.
- Any unit with sufficient speed and the ability to shoot down aircraft can play a game of ring around the rosie with the Devastor until it drops out of the sky, as Devastors have really slow firing rate and takes a while for the shots to hit the target.