Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Capital Artillery Battleship
Plasma disc batteries
Heavy (100% Cannon, 100% Rocket, 100% Grenade, 100% Gun, 1% Sniper)
500 (Grenade) damage per shot, fires in clips of 7
|“|| Alien Devastators are heading to our base!|
- EVA warning of incoming Devastators, Tiberium Wars
True to its name, the Devastator Warship is capable of causing grievous damage to units on the ground. Resembling a gigantic floating lobster-like lifeform, every Devastator is armed with plasma disc batteries that possess an impressively long range. These weapons are responsible for much of the destruction wreaked in Earth's Blue zones.
Owing to its slow movement and long-range weaponry, the Scrin employ this as siege weapon, capable of laying waste to structures and clustered ground units alike. To counter its relative vulnerability to aircraft, its lifespan can be increased by an energy shield. Traveler-59's Devastators can instead be upgraded with Traveler Engines that increases its movement speed.
In terms of size and its purpose as a siege weapon, the Devastator is analogous to human battleships. Of course, its ability to fly grants it greater flexibility, even if it is comparatively fragile.
|Stormrider||The Devastator Warship is buffed upon entering an Ion Storm by adding +25% damage and reducing incoming damage by adding 25% damage reduction, and being healed for 5% of its life for every second of the Ion Storm effect. This effect is lost shortly after it leaves the storm.|
|Forcefield generators||Devastator Warships can be equipped with shields that add an additional 2500 hit points protection with the same armor as the carrier. Shields will return to full strength if damaged or destroyed after 2 minutes. Shields protect Devastator Warships from one EMP blast, but the shield is destroyed if the aircraft is EMP'd (Ctrl+A).||Purchasable at any Technology Assembler for $4000 and takes 1:30 to research.|
|Traveler Engines||Traveler-59 warships can be upgraded with advanced engines for even swifter tactical strikes. Researching Traveler Engines increases the speed of Devastator Warships by 30% (Ctrl+S).||Purchasable at Traveler-59 Technology Assembler for $1500 and takes 0:40 to research.|
Devastator Warships are long-ranged artillery ships that fire lethal volleys of "Zeus" plasma discs that can easily rain destruction on the most fortified bases. Like most Scrin aircraft, they receive a bonus while operating inside an Ion Storm. They outrange all AA defensive structures, unless they get in range of them before firing.
Also, the Devastator's firing range is larger than their sight range, meaning that human controlled Devastators will close within range of AA defenses unless another unit is "spotting" the structure for them, allowing them to fire before entering range.
- Good survivability, especially with force fields (unavailable for Traveler-59)
- Its extreme attack range allows it to outrange all static base-defenses which forces enemy commanders to deal with them manually.
- Its attacks are powerful and does damage to a wide area
- Very terrifying if used en-masse to attack and accompanied by Planetary Assault Carrier escorts to fend off would-be attackers.
- Can eliminate entire squads of infantry with extreme effectiveness.
- Can devastate even Epic units.
- Can be upgraded with Traveler Engines to enhance speed (available only to Traveler-59).
- Only vulnerable to units with anti-air capability.
- Heals in Ion storms.
- Compared to the other factions' artillery units they can attack ground units up close.
- Expensive and available at Tier 3 only.
- Slow for an air unit.
- Reaper-17 does not use this aircraft.
- Hard to repair once it is at the local friendly Gravity Stabilizer, due to high health
- Accuracy is worse than that of the Specters, and very inaccurate against fast moving units.
- Firehawks and Venoms are especially dangerous to it (since it cannot attack air units).
- Single EMP Blast can take it down, if it has no shields.
- Slingshots and Mantis units are deadly against it.
- The Scrin's only artillery unit.
- Commanders often react extremely quickly to the warship due to the threat it poses, often spamming anti air units before the warship has time to react. If left unprotected against such an onslaught, it is doomed.
- Any unit with sufficient speed and the ability to shoot down aircraft can play a game of ring around the rosie with the Devastator until it drops out of the sky, as Devastators have a really slow firing rate and takes a while for the shots to hit the target. This is especially the case for the Attack Bike and Pitbull.