70 per squad member
Light (25% Cannon, 25% Rocket, 75% Grenade, 75% Gun, 100% Sniper(
90 (Rocket), 75% scalar against infantry, 200% scalar against civilian buildings
65 (Scrin, Reaper-17)
Attack multiple targets
Disintegrators are the Scrin equivalent of the GDI Missile Squad and Nod Rocket Militants and can inflict serious damage on vehicles.
Once again, our knowledge of Scrin units is extremely limited. Based on information gleaned from those who have observed it in the field, it appears that this unit is little more than a tiny biomechanical walker whose only function seems to the destruction of vehicles.
They appear to be pack-oriented and have been seen traveling almost exclusively in small groups numbering between five and twelve; larger forces are several packs in the same place. They often attack in unison, much like lions or wolves, although they don't bother with using ambush tactics. Instead, they attack their prey outright, concentrating their fire onto a single target to maximize efficiency. They have also been observed to attack multiple targets, though with much less damage inflicted and suffer severe casualties or total annihilation.
However, when they are crushed, they are said to expel an extremely caustic acid that eats away at armor.
Due to the enzyme that disintegrates most Scrin bodies upon death, very few specimens of any Scrin units have been retrieved. However, Disintegrators are different. Rather than dissolving, their bodies are corroded by a caustic acid that is excreted when crushed by a vehicle.
Other than the obvious fact that it uses conventional locomotion, the Disintegrator's inner workings were a total mystery until the evacuation of Berne. During that battle, several Disintegrator corpses were retrieved from the battlefield and taken to the GDI Xenobiology Lab in Dublin, Ireland, where they were dissected. It was found that they were little more than small robots with mechanical legs for locomotion and large "head" of spongy tissue, bulbous at one end and thin and spoutlike at the other.
Then, one of the Disintegrators spontaneously began oozing the caustic liquid, which rapidly corroded the legs and dripped onto the table. The table was made of a titanium-uranium composite, among the strongest metals known, and the acid disintegrated it in under half a minute. Thus, the exact functions if these mechanical animals' internal organs remain unknown.
|Advanced articulators||Add 85% speed to Disintegrators when upgraded (Ctrl+A).||Purchasable at Traveler-59 Stasis Chamber for $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
The primary role of Disintegrators is as a close-range anti-armor unit. However, they are fairly effective at combating enemy infantry though they tend to be cost ineffective in this role, functioning like a weaker version of Rifleman Squads or Militants when used against enemy infantry.
Unlike the anti-armor units of other factions, particularly rocket infantry, Disintegrators need to get up-close and personal to destroy their targets. The fact that they attack in a large squad and fire quickly makes them better at chewing through multiple vehicles at a time when they are deployed in groups (they cannot expect to overwhelm most vehicles in single squads) than other anti-tank units. They move quickly for infantry, allowing them to easily get within range in most situations. Once they are within range they deal large amounts of damage, regardless of whether their target is infantry or vehicles, though the damage to vehicles is more significant. As Scrin units they aren't bothered by Tiberium radiation, they can run straight through Tiberium fields without fear of harm.
Due to their short range, Disintegrators are very vulnerable to being crushed. They partially make up for this by dealing damage to units that crush them, though for tanks, crushing them still tends to lend a better chance of victory than getting into a ranged battle with them. They are also very easy to kill; each of the six members of a squad has little health and can often be picked off by the counter-infantry of other factions, or anti-infantry vehicles like Guardian APCs easily, increasing the importance of deploying them in large masses.
- Deadly against ground vehicles and buildings.
- Somewhat effective against infantry.
- Cheapest squad-based infantry unit available to the Scrin; available at Tier 1
- Extremely effective blockade unit; inflicts damage when run over
- Heals in Tiberium fields and effective radius of Corrupters
- Concentrating on one target makes them lethal against heavily-armored vehicles (Avatars, Mammoths)
- Faster than most other infantry; good at intercepting retreating enemy infantry or retreating themselves.
- Highly vulnerable to anti-infantry weapons like rifles and machineguns; poor health per squadmember.
- Poor range, this combined with their low health means that most styles of attack will result in some casualties.
- Again, due to poor range they are especially vulnerable to Nod flamethrower units, particularly Black Hand squads.
- Though they take damage when crushed, tanks generally will do better running them over anyways and will probably do so.
- Scorpion tanks and Reckoner APCs upgraded with Dozer Blades render crush damage ineffective.
- Can only fire at surface targets; no AA at all.
- Cannot garrison; again combined with low health and range attack. they are somewhat the worst anti-vehicle infantry if they meet badly situations like massed APCs or Raider Buggies