When GDI's Ion Cannons, under the direction of Redmond Boyle, attacked the Scrin ships while on there approach to Earth, they split into a vast number of these smaller craft. While lacking in speed, Drone Ships seem to be heavily armored and, being aircraft, may move over any terrain to deploy. (It should be noted, however, that they are only capable of low-level flight and their progress may be impeded by tall structures or landforms.)
Once a desirable location has been found, Drone Ships will land and 'implant' themselves into the ground, at which point the Scrin foreman may begin base construction. The resulting building is known as a Drone Platform.
- Can transform into a Drone Platform.
- Can fly above obstacles and enemy units.
- Heavily armored.
- Adds extra main and secondary build queues with each one built.
- Can destroy Mothership via touching it.
- Very slow moving.
- Very expensive.
- Can only be built from a Gravity Stabilizer.
- No defenses.