| This article is written from|
a real world point of view.
|For the parent company, publisher, and the company that acquired this developer, see Electronic Arts.|
|Electronic Arts Los Angeles|
Video game developer
Medal of Honor series
Los Angeles, California
Electronic Arts Los Angeles (abbreviated EALA) was a game development studio that created Command & Conquer games from 2003 to 2010, as well as the Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth franchise.
The company started as Dreamworks Interactive in 1996, and was bought and renamed by Electronic Arts in February 2000.
The first move of the revamped studio was expanding Command & Conquer: Generals, originally created by EA Pacific earlier that year. The result was the Zero Hour expansion, which was received quite well among players and modders alike. During the next three years, EALA released two games and one expansion pack of the new Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth franchise, based on the SAGE engine used in Generals.
In 2006, a new Command & Conquer game was announced - Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, and was released in March, 2007. The game was expanded with Kane's Wrath in 2008. Later that year, Red Alert 3 was released, but received mixed opinions in the Command & Conquer community - it was both praised for its gameplay that somewhat revolutionized zhe series, but was also ridiculed for its cartoony appearance. The Uprising expansion came in 2009, along with its console counterpart, Commander's Challenge.
In 2010, EALA made its final move with Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight, which was widely panned for abandoning the original RTS formula and ending the Tiberium Universe with a poor storyline. EA had been already firing employees before Tiberian Twilight was released, including their Los Angeles branch. EALA was later rebranded to Danger Close and now develops first-person shooters, while the Command & Conquer series was forwarded to BioWare Victory.
As Dreamworks InteractiveEdit
- Goosebumps: Escape from Horrorland
- The Neverhood
- Someone's in the Kitchen!
- The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- Goosebumps: Attack of the Mutant
- Dilbert's Desktop Games
- Small Soldiers
- Small Soldiers: Squad Commander
- Trespasser: Jurassic Park
- T'ai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger
- Warpath: Jurassic Park
- Medal of Honor
- Medal of Honor: Underground
- Clive Barker's Undying
As Electronic Arts Los AngelesEdit
- Medal of Honor: Frontline
- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Spearhead
- Command & Conquer: Generals: Zero Hour
- Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
- Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
- Medal of Honor: European Assault
- Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth
- Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth 2
- Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth 2: Rise of the Witch King
- Medal of Honor: Vanguard
- Medal of Honor: Airborne
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
- Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath
- Boom Blox
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Commander's Challenge
- Boom Blox Bash Party
- Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight
As Danger CloseEdit
- Medal of Honor
- Medal of Honor: Warfighter