Hand of Nod
|“|| We will be remembered!|
- Fanatics, willing to die for the cause
Members of the Brotherhood that are most devoted to its cause are called fanatics and with good reason - they are willing to sacrifice their lives to allow Nod's mission to succeed. Just before heading off on their mission, they perform their last rituals in the Hand of Nod. In forward battlefield bases, an Operations Center is required for the training of Fanatics, who come in squads of five.
Fanatics have Tiberium-based explosive charges strapped to their chests. Upon reaching their targets, they detonate them, obliterating themselves and causing heavy damage to the target as well as splash damage to everything within the area, but causing zero damage to the remaining squad members. However, if they are killed before they make contact with their target, they die harmlessly. There is one caveat though: if they are killed with flame weapons or explosives, their packs will detonate.
It should be noted that such is their irrepressible and unconditional desire to lay down their own lives in honor of Kane, that Fanatics show absolutely no fear in the face of enemy fire, no matter how intense it might be. Because of this, they cannot be suppressed. For such unyielding bravery and zeal to their cause and the cause of Nod, as well as for many other reasons, fanatics were praised by Nod writers, particularly Confessor Marcion.
|Enhances the squad with Tiberium infusion, increasing health and granting immunity to Tiberium.|
- Moves really fast.
- With Tiberium Infusion upgrade, they won't be affected by Tiberium.
- Their damage caused by them is significant to both vehicles and buildings alike.
- With Tiberium Infusion they become even faster and take more hits before going down.
- Enemy vehicles won't try to crush them.
- Worst nightmare for slow moving units that have minimal or no anti-infantry abilities such as Mammoth Tanks, unupgraded Avatars, Tripods and even epic units.
- Can destroy even the most well built structure quickly if left unchecked.
- An excellent choice for harrasing MCVs.
- Expensive for a one-off suicide unit.
- Can be stopped by large amounts of anti-infantry units.
- Unable to damage aircrafts.
- One purpose!
- Honor in death!
- We see their weakness!
- We are called!
- The Brotherhood has spoken!
- As it has been written!
- Kane requires it!
- This is a test!
- Kane lives!
- We will be remembered!