Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Medium (150% Cannon, 75% Rocket, 25% Grenade, 25% Gun, 1% Sniper)
minimum 0.5 seconds between switching targets, continuous fire
|“|| I see the glow!|
- Flame Tank
|“|| Flame tanks are perfect for urban combat. You can build more from the war factory.|
- Nod EVA
This generation of the tank is a return to the roots, featuring a four-treaded chassis with a turreted main canopy. The vehicle boasts substantial armour plating, as well as an improved version of the napalm launchers. The tanks are also hardened and plated, limiting the risk of additional discharge.
The Flame tank can incinerate infantry with ease and clear out garrisoned buildings effortlessly. Its weakness include the lack of an effective weapon against enemy armour and aircrafts, but its flames are intense enough to be a significant threat to lightly armoured vehicles, such as the Guardian APC or Pitbull.
The Black Hand deployed the new tank far and wide, often upgraded with their exclusive purifying flame technology and trained their pilots to the veteran level. The Marked of Kane did not utilize the Flame Tank. Avatar pilots noticed how effective the flamethrowers were and often took the liberty of upgrading themselves with the flamethrower, often without kindly asking first.
The Flame Tank's first use was with the Black Hand, as part of Brother Marcion's guards. Following the reabsorption of the Black Hand into the Brotherhood, the Flame Tank has seen service in every battle since 2034. It was used to great effect during the Battle of Washington DC, where these tanks proved invaluable at clearing GDI soldiers out of garrisoned buildings.
After the end of the Third Tiberium War, GDI developed a new type of Zone Armor for its infantry that can withstand the scorching flames. To counter this, the design was modified by the Nod Separatists during the Incursion War, after which this class of flame tank was retired with a new one, the AT-6 Flame Tank.
|Purifying Flame||This special concoction of Tiberium-based fuel makes Flame Tanks even more dangerous (Ctrl+S).||Purchasable at Black Hand Secret Shrine $3000 and takes 1:30 to research.|
Flame Tanks are highly effective as anti-infantry and anti-structure units. They also do decent damage to lightly armored vehicles, enough to be efficient at countering them. They are among the fastest vehicles on the field, being able to quickly get within firing range of a target, which helps negate their disadvantage of having less than average attack range. Their flamethrowers allow them to clear garrisoned structures. This, combined with their speed, makes them good at fighting in close range urban combat.
If a group of flame tanks gets into the core of a base, they will likely cause severe damage in a very short period of time. Groups of them attacking in tandem are effective at overwhelming base defenses. They can be deadly at ambushes and hit-and-run attacks if the Cloaking Field power is used on them.
The key disadvantage to flame tanks are their very high vulnerability to anti-vehicle fire from base defense turrets and other vehicles; anti-tank infantry do some damage to them, but not as noticeably or efficiently as units such as standard cannon equipped enemy tanks, with the exception of Zone Troopers, which are vulnerable to their flamethrowers but not as vulnerable as most other infantry.
In Kane's Wrath the Black Hand subfaction can upgrade Flame Tanks with Purifying Flame, which gives a generous boost to damage. Black Hand Flame Tanks also start veteran, giving them actual values of 1104 (Grenade) damage per second along with a starting health of 4440. Black Hand Flame Tanks with Purifying Flame actually do 3136 (Grenade) damage per second.
- Extremely useful against infantry (garrisoned or not).
- Devastating against structures.
- Purifying flame upgrade increases its damage even further, burning down structures in seconds.
- Decent speed.
- Decent protection against missiles.
- Relatively cheap and available at tier 2.
- Flamethrower can be used by Avatar warmechs.
- Explodes violently when destroyed.
- Black Hand have access to veteran status flame tanks immediately.
- Dangerous against all but the most heavily armored vehicles and aircrafts.
- Can destroy base defenses easily if in range.
- Gains veterancy quickly, especially when destroying buildings.
- A group of 5-6 flame tank can level Construction Yard or Superweapon within very few seconds
- Vulnerable to cannons, railguns and lasers, as well as air raids.
- Short weapon range.
- Very weak backside.
- Weak against most vehicles unless upgraded with the Purifying flame upgrade.
- Purifying flame upgrade is available only to the Black Hand sub-faction.
- Tier 3 base defense make short work of them.
- No air defence.
- Not available to Marked of Kane
- Flame attack can cause friendly fire due to fire spread range.
- Explosion on death can cause random area damage, most are friendly fire
- The flames will rise!
- We must share this gift!
- I see the glow!
- Ashes will fall!
- Everything is prepared!
- We are ready!
- Cleansing fire!
- Flame tank!
- The tides will not yield.
- Guard the tank well!
- None can stop us!
- Steady now...
- Take it slow!
- When do we start?
- We will wait!
- Keep it safe!
- The fuel hungers...
- Leave them in ashes!
- Yes, it's time!
- Release the glory!
- To cinders!
- Everything will burn!
Clearing Garrisoned Structure
- Burn 'em out!
- It must be purified!
- Purge them with flame!
Move to Attack
- Enclose upon them!
- No one escapes the heat!
- Ah... the wait has ended!
- We must get closer!
- Our enemies will be vanquished!
- Embrace your destiny!!
- Yes! YES!!
- Burn! BURN!!
- It's beautiful...!
- Look at the flames!
- Feel the power of the heat!
- Respect the flame!
- Do not toy with the power of the flame!
- Deliver us!
- Protect the fuel!
- It resembles the old TWI Flame tank - the only difference is it can burn enemy infantry out of buildings, has heavier armour and a fully rotating turret.
- The Purifying Flame-upgraded Flame Tank has a detail changed in its turret target acquisition, resulting in massively lowered damage-per-second while targeting structures. To get around this, force-fire on the ground near the target structure in order to receive the full bonus. The turret bug causes the actual damage increase from Purifying Flame to be approximately a 150% bonus instead of the projected 185% damage increase.