Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Heavy (5% Cannon, 12% Rocket, 40% Grenade, 50% Gun, 100% Sniper)
10000 (Sniper), 1000 (Grenade) w/ a 9999% damage scalar for valid detpack targets
0.5 seconds, each burst lasts 5 seconds
|“|| Let's get this party started!|
Backed by 50 years of tradition, they are the results of a powerful training program, with a 22% fatality rate and a 97% drop-out rate for the survivors (even after starting with the very best of the best in all branches of service). Typically, only one commando at a time will be allotted to a commander due to the high expense of equipping one, and in addition to the scarcity of such elite graduates.
The next generation Commandos wear full suits of heavy body armour made of Kevlar5tm over a Mitsubishi elasticized polymer ceramic core, with a Data General Rugged System (DGRS) Sensor fusion helmet system and a hard point mounting system with an integrated Dai Nippon Skunk Works PCS/Jenner jump jet unit.
They are also equipped with prototype high rate-of-fire assault railgun carbines which can tear infantry apart and, if given enough time, light vehicles like the Attack Bike. And, like their predecessors, they carry a large amount of det packs (based on an exotic new explosive) for demolition of buildings. One of their key abilities is destroying enemy Mechanized walkers by planting explosives on their legs.
To maintain fitness, GDI commandoes usually do one handed push ups when idle, which is a testament to their physical prowess.
Lt. Fullerton, the commander of Stuttgart GDI forces was a Commando and was instrumental in retaking the city from the Scrin. Higgins and Conrad are commandos used extensively in GDI recruitment videos and posters.
|Jetpack||Allow Commando to take flight, clearing large amounts of terrain in a single jump to land at a targeted destination. This activated ability has a 10 second cooldown (Ctrl+S).|
|Call for transport||Calls in a V-35 Ox to carry the Commando anywhere on the map (Ctrl+A).|
GDI commandos are some of the deadliest infantry on the field of battle, and should never be ignored by either their commander or opposing commanders.
Commandos have superior range to most other infantry, and, much like snipers, can eliminate an infantry soldier in a single hit. However, they fire extremely quickly and as a result can destroy many squads of enemy infantry all on their own. They are perhaps the best counter available to masses of enemy infantry.
Commandos can lay det packs on enemy walkers or vehicles provided that they get right in front of them. Since there are no walker units that are particularly deadly to infantry, they can easily tear straight through walker groups. If a commando penetrates an enemy's defenses they are equally deadly, capable of destroying many buildings or an entire base. GDI Commandos have jump jets, allowing them to jump over otherwise impassable terrain and anti-surface defenses, meaning they are especially good at getting into the weak spots of an opponent's base.
They are more difficult to kill than most infantry, though they are still very vulnerable to massed anti-infantry fire. Unlike most infantry, however, they can hope to take some fire from things like anti-infantry base defense turrets and survive the encounter, though charging or staying within range of said turrets is still not advisable. Commandos can even take small amounts of flamethrower fire and survive, as long as they retreat or jump jet away quickly.
However powerful they may be, they still have glaring weaknesses. Commandos are horribly ineffective against vehicles. With very excessive fire they can kill light vehicles, but engaging light vehicles isn't even advisable most of the time against a good enemy commander. Firing at heavy vehicles like tanks is pointless; commandos cannot hope to noticeably damage them in any reasonable period of time, being even less effective than standard assault rifle-wielding infantry at the task. Units such as Stormriders or Venoms can make quick work of commandos and intercept them quickly as well; commandos have no ability to defend themselves from aircraft and are fragile. Additionally, only one commando may be on the field at a time. Traditionally, Nod commanders tend to use Shadow Teams to counter commandos and fellow GDI commandos may make use of Sniper teams. Both are stealthed units that can quickly kill a commando. If they get the first hit in, they are virtually guaranteed to emerge victorious. Buzzers can instantly kill commandos too, but they must get right in front of a commando to make this possible and commandos can kill them in a single shot. Scrin commanders may make use of the Buzzer Swarm power to summon Buzzers directly on top of a commando to negate this disadvantage, or attach Buzzers to a vehicle then move it right next to a commando.
- Jump Pack ability enables commando to evade from threats, engage targets quickly, and jump over impassable terrain
- Jump Pack reloads relatively quickly
- Effective against most enemy infantry; even Black Hand and other commandos are vulnerable
- Extremely deadly against buildings. Can destroy an entire base if left unchecked
- Can destroy anything with legs in one hit, including the small Wolverine. The only exceptions to this rule are MCVs and Epic Units
- Immune to mind control from Scrin's Mastermind, Traveler-59's Prodigy or Cultists
- Cannot be crushed except by the Epic Units featured in Kane's Wrath
- Cannot stealth like Nod counterpart
- Buzzers, Shadow Teams, and Sniper Teams can instantly kill a commando once they are able to attack
- Vulnerable to aircraft and becomes vulnerable to anti-air while using Jetpack
- Jetpack needs to cool down after each use, and a commando will "freeze" for a couple of seconds after landing
- Anti-infantry defensive structures like the Watchtower can quickly drop a commando before they get within range
- Expensive at 2000 credits
- Can only deploy one at a time
- Ineffective against any armored vehicle, especially vulnerable to anti-infantry vehicles
- Can be killed by large numbers of cheap infantries
- Vulnerable to Tiberium poisoning
- If spotted, the enemy commander's announcer will point out their presence
Originally, the commando was supposed to have two versions - one for the Blue Zones, featuring short sleeves and an eyepiece and a Red Zone versions, with full body adaptable armour. However, eventually, the original rifleman model was used for the Commando, the riflemen were given a new one and the Blue Zone commando was recycled as the sergeant, guarding the barracks.
- Okay boss, let's hear the plan!
- Let's get this party started!
- Didn't miss anything, did I?
- Load and lock and roll and rock!
- I'm ready.
- Waddaya got for me?
- So where are they?
- Alright, waddaya got?
- Set 'em up and I'll knock 'em down!
- Well, let's do this thing.
- I know the routine!
- I'm there!
- Got it!
- Goin' there!
- You got it.
- Already there!
- Goin' up!
- Hittin' it!
- Oh yeah!
- Here we go!
- Going in!
- Let's check it out!
- How's the room service?
- Hope the maids are cute!
- I'll put 'em down!
- He's done!
- Too easy!
- This shouldn't take long...
- I'll give him special treatment!
- I got his one!
- I didn't forget you!
- See ya!
- He's goin' dirt-tastin'!
Using Det Packs
- Santa's comin' to town!
- It's the thought that counts!
- I got your present right here!
- I got a present for you!
- I'll put a little surprise under your tree...
Move to Attack
- Don't mind if I do...
- Give 'em a runnin' start...
- We'll start with them!
- This oughtta be fun...
- A little target practice?
- All right!
- Don't be shy!
- Let's see who's left standing!
- Like fish in a barrel!
- Keep 'em comin'!
- Real tough guy!
- Bring it!
- Keep the day job, buddy!
- That was left-handed!
- Ah sweet! Like shootin' skeet!
- Nice faceplant!
- Goodnight, ladies!
- C'mon girls, let's see what you got!
- Step right up!
- Gotta go!
- Outta here!
- See ya!
- We'll save 'em for later!
- The Commando has a humorous and "Better than you" personality, which is quite strange considering that he is a professional soldier trained from an almost sadistic program, which in most cases would have produced rather dull and emotionless soldiers (Though this could also be the way the commando dealt with said program).
- Even with the Commando's armor, he is vulnerable to Tiberium.
- The Commando shares quotes from the Commandos from the original Command & Conquer, such as: "Got a present for ya!", "Real tough guy!" and "That was left handed!".
- Rarely, The Commando will burst into dancing and will continue to do so until clicked on or engaged.
- ↑ Weapon.xml, Mod SDK
- ↑ Tiberium Wars Intel Database
- ↑ Duane Loose. 2006. "Block 10 Technical Bulletin #1: Designn". File mirror
- ↑ Idle animation in Tiberium Wars
- ↑ Tiberium Wars promotional materials