The damage is too extensive!
Garrisoning (Generals) has been marked for cleanup.
|“|| Yes, garrison your buildings. You will only delay the inevitable!|
Garrisoning is a tactic used in urban combat. As high ground and cover are both effective measures to protect infantry, commanders often choose to send their troops inside buildings whenever possible, vastly increasing their survivability. A trained group of infantry can easily turn a civilian structure into a makeshift fortress, keeping them safe, at least as long as the structure stands; in order to increase the longevity of a building, generals may order their construction dozers or workers to repair and maintain it. Generally, about 8 or 10 soldiers can occupy one building.
Garrisoning increases the chance of survival for infantry, as most units will have to deal with the building before the infantry. A few missile soldiers e.g. Missile Defenders, along with some anti-infantry support like scouts, can be extremely useful against all comers of enemy tanks, aircraft and vehicles.
|“|| Anybody home?|
There are a variety of counters to garrisoning. For the USA, Rangers work well both when upgraded with Flash-Bang Grenades or rapelling from a Chinook. The Microwave Tank can burn the garrisoned infantry without damaging the building. Also, the Nighthawk can kill garrisoned forces when upgraded with bunker busters, even units garrisoned in Tunnel Networks. Chinese Dragon Tanks and GLA Toxin Tractors can get rid of a building of its infantry enemies with fire and toxins (With anthrax).
Any artillery could outrange and destroy the building, without being countered himself. The Nuke cannon could be upgraded with Neutron Shells, killing all infantry instandly and leaving the building intact.
- Flash-Bang Grenades (for US Rangers only)
- Microwave Tank
- Chinook (with use of US Rangers for Flash-Bang Grenades)
- Stealth Fighter (with the use of Bunker Busters)
- Dragon Tank
- Nuke Cannon (with Neutron Shells)
- Toxin Tractors
- Toxin Rebels
|“|| Get out there and take care of business!|
- Helix, unloading
- Overlord tank,when upgraded with Bunker
- Helix, when upgraded with Bunker, not available to General Shin Fai
- Assault Troop Transport,
- Listening Outpost
- Attack Outpost
- Humvee, when destroyed, the infantry inside is also killed
- Chinook (Generals), has a Point defense laser
- Combat Chinook, has a Point defense laser
- Battle Bus, when "destroyed", it becomes a bunker, immobile then blown to casualty