- World War I started by the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand by Gavrillo Princip, member of the Bosnian Youth movement, in Sarajevo.
- World War II begins with Nazi Germany invasion of Poland. USA enters war after the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor.
- The People's Republic of China is proclaimed under Mao Zedong.
- As Iraq invades and annexes Kuwait, USA allies with 33 other nations attacks the Iraqi forces, resulting in the Gulf War.
- The Soviet Union collapses and splits into 15 republics with Russia being the largest.
- September 11 - Planned by Osama bin Laiden, four al-Qaeda terrorist groups hijacks four planes resulting in two of the planes crashing in the World Trade Center Twin Towers , one in the Pentagon, and one in a field in Pennsylvania.
- The war in Afghanistan begins with USA invading the nation in response to the September 11 attacks.
- USA invades Iraq resulting in the overthrowing of Saddam Hussein's government.
- The Global Liberation Army is formed. al-Qaeda, the Taliban, and other Islamic terrorist groups are presumably merged into the GLA.
- The GLA invades the western part of China
- During a military parade in Beijing, GLA suicide bombers bomb Beijing, starting the GLA War.
First phase (Generals)
- Chinese troops achieved the first victory against the GLA, taking out a bunker holding stolen nuclear materials outside Beijing (The Dragon Awakes).
- GLA Terrorist threat & the Hong Kong Convention Center is destroyed by Chinese forces in Hong Kong (Hong Kong Crisis).
- The Three Gorges Dam was destroyed, destroying GLA forces in the area, followed by the destruction of a nearby base from Chinese forces (A Flood of Violence).
- GLA chemical factory bombed by Chinese MiGs in Tibet after a commando raid led by Black Lotus removed GLA anti-air emplacements (Broken Alliances).
- GLA bases in and around Balykchy destroyed by US and Chinese coalition (Scorched Earth).
- Railway bridge destroyed by Black Lotus to stop the GLA from transporting troops by train (Dead in Their Tracks).
- GLA base in Dushanbe destroyed by Chinese forces, marking the PLA's final victory (Nuclear Winter).
- A dam in the Shymkent DMZ is blown up by GLA forces and destroying Chinese forces in the area (Operation Black Rain).
- GLA forces in the Almaty region seize 40,000 dollars of UN aid from local civilians (Almaty Supply Raid).
- GLA sparked massive riots in Astana that caused 40,000 dollars worth in damage to the city (The Astana Riots).
- GLA forces led by Jarmen Kell destroyed the American Airfield in Turkey (Down From The Skies).
- GLA forces recapture toxins in the Aral Sea area that had been lost to a US advance (Toxin Trade).
- A Chinese-backed GLA splinter cell in Kazakhstan destroyed by GLA loyalists (Splinter Cell).
- GLA fighters take the Baikonur launch facility after defeating US and Chinese garrisons (The Taking Of Baikonur).
- US forces destroyed a GLA bio-chemical factory in the Mazar Free Fire Zone in Afghanistan during training operations (Operation: Silent Dawn).
- GLA Scud Storm in Baghdad destroyed by US forces (Final Justice).
- Three downed US pilots rescued from GLA captivity by US forces under Colonel Burton (Treasure Hunt).
- Retreating US forces rescued from destruction by efforts of nearby Comanche base (Guardian Angel).
- US forces land on the beaches of the Caspian Sea and destroyed two GLA bases (Stormbringer).
- US forces destroy GLA bases, responsible for the death of a diplomat who's working for the United Nations (Blue Eagle).
- GLA forces and Chinese defectors destroyed by US forces (Desperate Union).
- US and Chinese forces destroy the main GLA base in Akmola (Last Call).
Second phase (Zero Hour)
- Launch facilities in Baikonur destroyed by American forces after GLA chemical attacks on European bases (Global Security).
- American forces under Colonel Burton defend UN aid convoys in Somalia with assistance from an American carrier battle group (Defending The Docks).
- Colonel Burton and Black Lotus destroy a GLA chemical lab in Mount Elbrus (Snow Fall).
- US forces paradrop into Iran to capture an oil field which fund the GLA brokers (Black Gold).
- US forces and GLA defectors capture four chemical missile launch sites (Area Fifty-Two).
- General Mohmar Deathstrike escapes pursuing US forces, being on the run from them (Flight of Deathstrike/The Great Escape).
- GLA separatists led by Prince Kassad are destroyed by GLA loyalists in Cairo, Egypt (Hidden Agenda).
- GLA forces capture an American Particle cannon and use it to destroy a docked aircraft carrier (On the Waterfront).
- Jarmen Kell leads a daring raid into the USA to steal twenty toxin samples at a nearby airport (Jarmen Kell and the Forty Thieves).
- The main US Central Command in Stuttgart is destroyed by GLA forces using stolen US and Chinese weapons (Sneak Attack).
- Chinese forces retake an American outpost after the GLA's victory in destroying the US Central Command Center (The Dragon Unleashed).
- A GLA attack on a Chinese nuclear power plant is defeated (Defending The Fire).
- GLA presence in Corburg eliminated by Chinese forces in taking down statues (Liberation).
- Chinese forces intercept and destroy a large force of GLA forces retreating from Europe (Burning Skies).
- The last GLA forces in Europe are defeated by the Chinese (The Dragon's Destiny).
|The following is based on content cut from Generals 2 and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
Between GLA War I and GLA War II
- The Chinese sign a treaty with Europe forming the Eurasian Unity League.
- As a result of the military spending during the GLA War, China suffers an economic depression.
- The EUL breaks up as a result of the economic crisis in China.
- The European Union rises as a military superpower
2016-2017 (persumed, exact date unknown)
- North and South Korea is unified under North Korea rule.
- The Asian-Pacific Alliance is formed.
Late 2010's to Early 2020's
- The GLA is restructured.
Second GLA War (Generals 2)
- World leaders are mere seconds from signing a global treaty and bringing an end to war when a devastating terrorist attack rips through the peace conference, killing all in attendance.