Anti-infantry/anti-aircraft light walker
Medium (100% Cannon, 75% Rocket, 25% Grenade, 25% Gun, 1% Sniper)
Gun walkers were Scrin anti-infantry/anti-aircraft bio-mechanical walkers encountered during the Third Tiberium War. Like many other Scrin units, they resemble an enormous insect and moves around on six legs. They carry a rapid-firing low-intensity energy gun highly effective against infantry and aircraft.
|Uncombine with Buzzers||Orders the Buzzer swarm attached to the vehicle to detach and roam freely (Ctrl+A).|
|Attenuated Forcefields||Provide a fair amount of protection to Gun Walkers, adding a shield that can take up to 500 points of damage. Shields take 100% damage from all damage types except Sniper (1%). Shields return 1:45 after taking damage or being destroyed (Ctrl+A).||Purchasable at any Nerve Center for $2000 and takes 1:00 to research.|
Gun Walkers have much more health and damage resistance than the other Tier 1 Scrin vehicle: the Seeker—and are in general, much more resilient than the other factions' Tier 1 anti-infantry equivalents (GDI's APC and Nod's Buggy).
The combination of Gun Walkers' substantial durability, good speed, excellent mobility and capability to crush infantry allows them to easily trample entire squads of light infantry, trade blows well with even specialized anti-vehicle infantry and aircraft that they encounter such as: Zone Troopers, Stormriders or Orcas, and evacuate from dire engagements at speeds few anti-armor units can match.
Their good all-around stats, effectiveness against all infantry, incredible scalar damage against aircraft paired with their relatively cheap ($700) cost ensures their widespread deployment, and enables them to be one of the most versatile anti-air vehicles in the game (in contrast to dedicated anti-air units such as Slingshots and Mantises).
- Highly effective against aircraft and infantry
- Severely threatens any aircraft with its massive scalar bonus against them
- Incredible maneuverability - can turn to face targets very quickly
- Arguably the best infantry-crushing vehicle in the game thanks to its maneuverability
- Can be upgraded with shields
- Good speed lets it outrun most anti-vehicle units
- One of only two walker units in the game that can reverse-move
- Relatively cheap ($700)
- Weak against heavy armour
- Non-turreted - cannot effectively fire on the move and must turn its entire body to face its targets
- Still one of the more expensive Tier 1 light vehicles
- Still slower than many other light vehicles
- One of the only walkers in the game that can get crushed by Tier 3 units and epic units
- Advanced base defences can destroy droves of them with just a few shots
- Reaper-17 Shard Walker