The damage is too extensive!
Japan (Red Alert) has been marked for cleanup.
|This article is about the country in the Red Alert universe. For info on Japan in the Tiberium universe, see Japan.|
|“|| Technologically, they are quite advanced.|
- Cherdenko, referring to Japan's technological superiority.
Japan (日本 Nihon or Nippon, officially 日本国 Nippon-koku or "Nihon-koku") is an island country in East Asia. Located in the Pacific Ocean, it lies to the east of China, Korea and Russia, stretching from the Sea of Okhotsk in the north to the East China Sea in the south. The kanji "日本" literally means "sun-origin", which is why Japan is sometimes identified as the "Land of the Rising Sun"---this name actually refers to Japan's geographical location: east to all countries (especially China).
Japan comprises over 3,000 islands, the largest of which are Honshū, Hokkaidō, Kyūshū and Shikoku, together accounting for 97% of land area. Most of the islands are mountainous, many volcanic; for example, Japan’s highest peak, Mount Fuji, is a volcano. Japan has the world's tenth largest population, with about 128 million people. The greater Tokyo area, which includes the capital city of Tokyo and several surrounding prefectures, is the largest metropolitan area in the world, with over 30 million residents.
Archaeological research indicates that people were living on the islands of Japan as early as the Upper Paleolithic period. The first written mention of Japan begins with brief appearances in Chinese history texts from the first century AD. Influence from the outside world followed by long periods of isolation has characterized Japan's history. Thus, its culture today is a mixture of outside influences and internal developments.
In our Timeline, during WWII, Japan surprisingly attacked the USA naval base at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, sparking the Pacific War - a war with the USA that ended in August 1945, as a campaign of carpet bombing civilian targets - including the dreaded Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombings - forced the Japanese to surrender.
Role in the Second and Third World Wars
Not much intel is available regarding Japan's role in Second World War and Third World War. In WWII, it was reported that Japan had its border wars against the Soviets with their little-known T-34s. It is assumed to have been affiliated with the Allies in both conflicts. During the Third World War, Japan presumably helped the Allies repulse the Soviet offensive in the Pacific.
However, the existence of USS Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor clearly contradicted this position, meaning at least some war between USA and Japan. Also, the independence of Korea during Third World War indicated that the Empire of Japan collapsed long before and gave independence to her colonies.
The most possible explanation is that there was the war between the United States and the Empire of Japan , that was parallel to the early years of Second World War of our (real-world) timeline. The Japan probably also have some border clashes with soviet forces during this time. It seems logical to assume that the Japan was unable to withstand against all US industrial power and was defeated prior the US involvement in the Great War II.
War of the Three Powers
See main article: Empire of the Rising Sun
Soviet time travel experiments have altered the past, preventing the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Nuclear attacks and resulting in the creation of, by 1986, an Imperial Japan which was much more powerful than the Japanese Empire in our timeline. As a sign of Japan's new hegemony in the Asia-Pacific, including their holdings on Pearl Harbor and Hawaii, and superpower status, the country has styled itself the Empire of the Rising Sun.
In this new timeline, Japan is at the forefront of modern technology, possessing all the resources, manpower and technology to rival the Soviet Union and Allied Forces. Relations between the Empire and the world's other superpowers have been rocky, and some commentators believe war was inevitable.
- Tokyo: The capital city of Japan and headquarters of the Empire of the Rising Sun during the War of the Three Powers. During that conflict, the Allies attacked the city during a conference of Imperial leaders, destroying the Empire's military and knocking it out of the conflict. The following structures were found and uncovered in Tokyo:
- Shirada Docks
- Nagama Dojos
- Psionic Decimators (x3)
- Tenzai Robotics
- Toyoma High Command
- Shiro Sanitarium (not discovered)
- MT Fuji: Japan's highest peak and volcano, considered sacred by the Japanese. Emperor Yoshiro of the Empire of the Rising Sun constructed a large palace here. During the Soviet Campaign of War of the Three Powers, an invasion force of USSR Apocalypse Tanks, lead by the Soviet Commander, assassinated Emperor Yoshiro in his personal King Oni. The following areas of interest at Mt. Fuji incldue the Emperor's Palace and three strongholds commanded by the Imperial Shogunate leaders to protect the Palace.
- Yokohama Harbor: The location of Emperor Yoshiro's favorite amusement park. The scene of Operation "Barbarians at the Bay".
- Black Tortoise: A massive naval fortress constructed by the Empire of the Rising Sun, responsible for building up the Imperial warmachine, namely the Army, Navy and Air Force. It served as the springboard for an invasion of mainland United States. Surveillance information on what is found on the fortress is as follows:
- Main base
- Wave-Force Tri-Guns
- Power Cores
- Shin Iga Province: Shinzo held out against the Allies here, but Harbinger Gunships were deployed to clear the way for C.0ryocopters to freeze his fortresses.
- Sakhalin Island: Kenji and an Imperial Commander fend off Oleg's Grinders before their invasion forces destroy Japan.
- Oki Island: Yoshiro died and was buried here.
- Osaka: Kenji was stationed here and used Nanoswarm hives and his own king Oni to fight back against the Allied forces' newly deployed Cryo Legionnaires.
- Miyako Province: Takara and her Rocket Angels hold a big last stand here, but due to the Pacifier FAVs she was forced to retreat. Tatsu, then tried to use the Chronosphere and the captured Imperial forces to expel the Allies from Japan so he can build up a fleet of Giga Fortresses, but got destroyed at last.