The damage is too extensive!
Japan (Red Alert) has been marked for cleanup.
|This article is about the country in the Red Alert universe. For info on Japan in the Tiberium universe, see Japan.|
|“|| Technologically, they are quite advanced.|
- Cherdenko, referring to Japan's technological superiority.
Japan (日本 Nihon or Nippon, officially 日本国 Nippon-koku or "Nihon-koku") is an island country in East Asia. Located in the Pacific Ocean, it lies to the east of China, Korea and Russia, stretching from the Sea of Okhotsk in the north to the East China Sea in the south. The kanji "日本" literally means "sun-origin", which is why Japan is sometimes identified as the "Land of the Rising Sun"---this name actually refers to Japan's geographical location: east to all countries.
Role in the Second and Third World Wars
Since Adolf Hitler was erased from the timeline, Japan never became a member of the Axis-powers in the Red Alert timeline.
Japan's involvement in the Second World War and the Third World War is unknown. It is assumed to have been affiliated with the Allies in both conflicts. During the Third World War, Japan presumably helped the Allies repulse the Soviet offensive in the Pacific.
Strangely, the USS Arizona Memorial, which commemorates the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, is still present in this timeline. Also, the independence of Korea during Third World War indicated that the Empire of Japan collapsed long before and gave independence to her colonies.
War of the Three Powers
See main article: Empire of the Rising Sun
Soviet time travel experiments have altered the past, preventing the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Nuclear attacks and resulting in the creation of, by 1986, an Imperial Japan which was much more powerful than the Japanese Empire in our timeline. As a sign of Japan's new hegemony in the Asia-Pacific, including their holdings on Pearl Harbor and Hawaii, and superpower status, the country has styled itself the Empire of the Rising Sun.
In this new timeline, Japan is at the forefront of modern technology, possessing all the resources, manpower and technology to rival the Soviet Union and Allied Forces. Relations between the Empire and the world's other superpowers have been rocky, and some commentators believe war was inevitable.
- Tokyo: The capital city of Japan and headquarters of the Empire of the Rising Sun during the War of the Three Powers. During that conflict, the Allies attacked the city during a conference of Imperial leaders, destroying the Empire's military and knocking it out of the conflict. The following structures were found and uncovered in Tokyo:
- Shirada Docks
- Nagama Dojos
- Psionic Decimators (x3)
- Tenzai Robotics
- Toyoma High Command
- Shiro Sanitarium (not discovered)
- Mount Fuji: Japan's highest peak and volcano, considered sacred by the Japanese. Emperor Yoshiro of the Empire of the Rising Sun constructed a large palace here. During the Soviet Campaign of War of the Three Powers, an invasion force of USSR Apocalypse Tanks, lead by the Soviet Commander, assassinated Emperor Yoshiro in his personal King Oni. The following areas of interest at Mt. Fuji incldue the Emperor's Palace and three strongholds commanded by the Imperial Shogunate leaders to protect the Palace.
- Yokohama Harbor: The location of Emperor Yoshiro's favorite amusement park. The scene of Operation "Barbarians at the Bay".
- Black Tortoise: A massive naval fortress constructed by the Empire of the Rising Sun, responsible for building up the Imperial warmachine, namely the Army, Navy and Air Force. It served as the springboard for an invasion of mainland United States. Surveillance information on what is found on the fortress is as follows:
- Main base
- Wave-Force Tri-Guns
- Power Cores
- Shin Iga Province: Shinzo held out against the Allies here, but Harbinger Gunships were deployed to clear the way for C.0ryocopters to freeze his fortresses.
- Sakhalin Island: Kenji and an Imperial Commander fend off Oleg's Grinders before their invasion forces destroy Japan.
- Oki Island: Yoshiro died and was buried here.
- Osaka: Kenji was stationed here and used Nanoswarm hives and his own king Oni to fight back against the Allied forces' newly deployed Cryo Legionnaires.
- Miyako Province: Takara and her Rocket Angels hold a big last stand here, but due to the Pacifier FAVs she was forced to retreat. Tatsu, then tried to use the Chronosphere and the captured Imperial forces to expel the Allies from Japan so he can build up a fleet of Giga Fortresses, but got destroyed at last.