|Juggernaut Mk. III|
Mobile artillery support
Light (100% Cannon, 75% Rocket, 25% Grenade, 25% Gun, 1% Sniper)
100 min/600 max
Leaves husk when destroyed
|“|| I'm the Juggernaut!!|
Mechanical walkers were not commonplace in GDI's military ranks until the Firestorm Crisis that followed the Second Tiberium War, after which they were regularly integrated. The Juggernaut is one such vehicle.
In the wake of the First Tiberium War, the GDI Board of Directors recognized the need for a larger, more powerful type of assault vehicle. Nod's growth in the Yellow Zones had multiplied exponentially and the subsequent threat it posed to the Blue Zone' security had made the GDI leaders nervous. As a result, the Board ordered the Corps of Engineers to design a vehicle which could provide artillery support well beyond the enemy's ability to retaliate. The results were four different proposals, one of which came to be known as the Juggernaut.
The Board were so impressed by the design that they ordered a prototype, and in December, 2023, the first vehicle rolled - or rather, walked - off the assembly line. It stood 75 feet tall, had a 43-foot spread, and a top speed of 35 miles per hour. Future performance tests revealed that it could hit targets, with a certain degree of inaccuracy, from 15 miles away, and cover ground rather quickly.
The successor to the Steel Talons' Behemoth, it was first seen in deployment during the GDI's siege on Temple Prime after GDI first managed to breach the Temple's first line of defenses. The Juggernauts were useful in taking down the long range Obelisks of Light and bombard Nod's production facilities. The walking artillery were also used to great effectiveness during multiple occasions, such as when the Scrin invaded and GDI's recapture of Cologne.
The Juggernauts were also widely used in the Italian campaign to take down the Scrin towers. During GDI's attempted assault on Threshold 19, four Juggernauts were modified to allow greater field visibility and a longer sight range. Unfortunately they were destroyed by a Nod commando and was re-operated by Nod saboteurs, giving the Nod commander firepower and sight range to besiege GDI's bases.
|Bombardment||Allows Juggernauts to fire at a designated location on the map that is within the line of sight of a stationary Sniper Team. This ability has a 20 second cooldown. Each bombardment shell does 1000 (Grenade) damage. Unlike standard Juggernaut shell firings, Bombardment fires one shell every 5 seconds.|
- Looking for the big guns?
- Juggernaut, standing by!
- What's the status?
- On standby.
- What's the holdup?
- Mobile artillery!
- I'm the Juggernaut!
- Locomotors working!
- Walkers in motion!
- Approaching area!
- Let's get her movin!
- Entering new position!
- Flatten the place!
- Destroy it all!
- Clear the area!
- Fire at will!
- Clean 'em up!
- That won't take long!
- Let's rock 'em!
- Bury 'em!
- Brace for fire!
- Bury these fools!
- Coordinates check.
- Fire in the sky!
- Send the barrage!
Move to Attack
- We see 'em!
- There's our target!
- Closing in!
- Moving to attack range!
- Load up another one!
- Keep 'em checked!
- Hold 'em down!
- Lay waste!
- Oh, snap!
- Headin' to base!
- Turn her around!
- Extreme bombardment range keeps it well away from combat zones
- Very destructive against structures; can crush lesser units
- Good at destroying slow units including epic units
- Excellent for suppressing and harassing enemy forces; can bombard areas spotted by Sniper Teams
- Longest range of any available GDI unit
- Can singlehandedly decimate units and structures at Rank 3
- Slightly more cost-effective than other Tier 3 units
- Surprisingly fast Tier 3 unit
- Excessively strong when massed, Just 10 of them can take out a MARV, or other Epic unit.
- Attacking allows to suppress most infantry even Commando from afar. (This can stop or hold Nod Commando or Mastermind)
- Relatively weak armour; does not stand up well against vehicles of equal or superior armor
- Primary weapon has limitation of minimum range, cannot fire if target is too close
- Very slow rate of fire and slow reaction speed; rather inaccurate without Sniper Team spotting
- Not available to ZOCOM except through capture of other GDI production factories
- Extremely vulnerable to infantry (especially Commandos and Fanatics)
- EMP attacks will render this unit momentarily inoperable and vulnerable
- Prone to causing friendly fire casualties if used in the rear lines of an assault
- Vulnerable to attacks from the air, which means that Hammerheads, Venoms, and Stormriders can take them out easily.
- Fast moving units like Attack bikes and Stealth Tanks can evade its fire and kill it easily.
- Humorously, If idling the Juggernaut along with its Behemoth counterpart pecks its cannons on the ground like a chicken. Though this could break the cannons especially if it's pecked on hard terrain.
- When idle, it will sometimes scratch the cockpit with one of its legs similar to cats that scratch their chin, however it does not seem to cause any harm to the pilot. This animation is rarely seen.
- In the mission of Kane's Tower at the final Mission of Nod at Tiberium Wars, the Juggernaut range is upgraded with the range up to half of map however accuracy reduced by 25% and fire rate reduced by around 75%
- The quote, "I'm the Juggernaut!" is a reference to the Juggernaut's line from the 2006 film, X-Men: The Last Stand. Which is in turn a reference to the parody video The Juggernaut Bitch!! by My Way Entertainment.