Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For other tanks of this class, see Mammoth tank.|
GDI Offense Class
GDI Offense Crawler
|“|| They won't touch us.|
- Mammoth pilot
In the wake of the Scrin invasion of Earth, GDI's Mammoth 27 Tanks seemingly met their match with their Scrin equivalent Annihilator Tripods in terms of firepower. But most of the Mammoths that had been destroyed in the Third Tiberium War was largely due to the Scrin's superior airforce. After the war ended, and when the construction of the Tiberium Control Network was under way, some of the vocal GDI veterans felt that the Scrin invasion could have been better repelled if the military still utilized Mammoth Mk. II walkers to combat the aliens. The GDI military was divided as to which worked best: the tank or the walker. In the end the GDI Council decided to commission the design of a new Mammoth tank and revitalise its walker brother.
Just like its predecessors in the tank form, it carries breathtakingly powerful firepower and armor, at the cost of speed. It is currently GDI's premier offensive anti-tank unit but its walker brother, the Mastodon, holds the title of being the most powerful unit in the GDI arsenal.
- Two Mammoth tanks of this class are found frozen in the ice in one of the missions in the GDI campaign. A Nod excavation team tries to recover them. Thus, the secondary mission objectives involve the assignment to kill the excavators. The enemy can get them up and running after so much time has passed, forcing the player to fight them.
- Two Mammoth Tank husks are located outside of the GDI Supermax Facility in Mission 6: Lockdown of the GDI campaign, they can be reactivated for use in the escape, presuming engineers can be brought out past the defenses and Nod Separatist patrols.
- There's a Mammoth Tank husk in the middle of the battlefield to the south in the final Nod mission, "The End of All Things".
- There's a Mammoth Tank husk near the second-to-last anti-aircraft battery in the final GDI mission, "For All Humanity"
- Mammoth Tanks can be built independently if the Commander is at level 12 and has Tier III technology, as well as 10 Command Points to spare.
- A Mammoth Tank husk is located on the northwest side of the map in the tutorial mission, "Bad to Worse".
The new Mammoth Tank is the first heavy vehicle available to the GDI Offense Class. It is unlocked at Level 12 and available at Tier 3. Being heavy units, they are rather slow and easy to avoid by most units.
Mammoth Tanks are armed with 2 powerful cannons and 2 rocket pods, making them highly effective against all medium vehicles. When upgraded with a Blue Tiberium Core, its cannons are replaced with railguns and it gains an additional 2 rocket pods, giving even more firepower.
The Mammoth Tank is equipped with heavy armor, which is extremely durable against all but energy weapons. It has more health than any other unit in the game, making it useful for tying down units and soaking up damage.
Mammoth Tanks are equipped with a Taunt Laser that forces enemy units to attack the Mammoth Tank, allowing it to draw fire away from more vulnerable units. Mammoth Tanks can also be equipped with Mirror Plating, which allows them to deflect some incoming shots, in a similar way to the Refractor. These upgraded Mammoth Tanks can be easily distinguished by their very shiny look.
The Mammoth Tank's Nod equivalent is the Avatar.
The Achievement "Mammoths gone wild" can be earned by using a Mammoth Tank.
- Not with this armor they won't!
- Mammoth Tank ready for Battle.
- Put 'em away!
- When will they learn?
- Blow em out!
- Open fire!
- Were on it!
- Going in!
- That's it!
- They had this coming!
- Can't keep this Mammoth tank down!
- This will draw their fire.
- What's next?
- Keep drawing their fire!
- We got their attention!
- Tracks greased, guns loaded!