Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Customizable Support Tank
Medium (100% Cannon, 75% Rocket, 25% Grenade, 25% Gun, 1% Sniper)
$1400 (+100 for each segment)
18 (Rocket) with 400% scalar against aircraft (Disc Segment)
The Mechapede closely resembles a Terran millipede or centipede, though it is exponentially larger. Its speed is faster than even a Seeker, and can fire in any direction. However, it can not move in reverse.
|Spawn Shard Segment||Creates a Shard segment on the Mechapede that fires 3 Tiberium shards per salvo. Spawning a segment costs $100 and takes 1 second. Each segment has 1000 health (Ctrl+A).|
|Spawn Toxin Segment||Creates a Toxin segment on the Mechapede. Spawning a segment costs $100 and takes 1 second. Each segment has 1000 health (Ctrl+S).|
|Spawn Disintegrator Segment||Creates a Disintegrator segment on the Mechapede. Spawning a segment costs $100 and takes 1 second. Each segment has 1000 health (Ctrl+F).|
|Spawn Disc Segment||Creates a Disc segment on the Mechapede that fires 5 shots. This is the only segment that can target aircraft. Spawning a segment costs $100 and takes 1 second. Each segment has 1000 health (Ctrl+D).|
The Mechapede's "head" is the only part constructed at first; it has a weapon similar to the Scrin Disintegrators. Eight additional segments, of four varying types, can be added. Shard segments are powerful against enemy infantry (and unintentionally vehicles), disk segments can strike down enemy aircraft, the Tiberium segment has a similar weapon to the Corrupter and does a lot of damage against infantry who are not protected by ZOCOM Tiberium field suits, and a Disintegrator segment. These segments allow the Mechapede to be a versatile support unit. Like the Corrupter, its Tiberium toxin can not only heal other Scrin, but also heal itself. Multiple Scrin Mechapedes with four Shock Trooper plasma disk segments and four Disintegrator plasma cutter segments (not counting the head) can destroy a fully armed MARV in a matter of minutes. Although its huge population count, the Mechapede is the strongest non-epic Scrin ground unit in the game, the Reaper Tripod aside.
Destruction of the Mechapede body segments will not destroy the unit, as it can then rebuild more segments. The only way to totally destroy the unit is by targeting the head segment. It is impossible to gain infinite segments on the Mechapede.
- Can be equipped with a variety of different segments for different combat situations
- Very fast moving
- Can provide massive amounts of firepower against single enemy types.
- Effective against any enemy, as long as it is equipped with the right segments
- Relatively inexpensive
- Destroyed segments can be replaced instantaneously during combat in order to extend durability and maintain combat effectiveness.
- Relatively weak; rather low health unless more segments are added
- The cost can add up with the initial cost and the segments for up to 2200 before combat.
- Loses firepower during combat when segments are destroyed, and requires money to restore
- Requires Tier 3
- If the head segment is destroyed, all of its other parts are destroyed instantly
- Can be killed easily with high firepower and dedicated anti-armor units.
- Is a "jack of all trades, stronger than none" type of unit, since each segment is generally weaker than a unit dedicated to the same field.
- Different segments provides different ranges and performances against enemy types, resulting in need for excessive micromanagement to use effectively.
Mechapedes don't follow rally points when set in a Warp Sphere or Warp Chasm. In fact, they don't even leave the portal when they're finished warping in unlike other Scrin "vehicles" and instead instantly appear in front of said production buildings. This is either a bug or intentional (since the Foreman may leave the new Mechapedes without segments as it travels to said rally point, making it easy to destroy).