|For regular militants, see Militant squad.|
|Militant rocket squad|
300 per squad member
Light (25% Cannon, 50% Rocket, 75% Grenade, 150% Gun, 100% Sniper)
250 per squad member (Rocket)
250 per squad member (Rocket), 75% damage to aircraft
|“|| We got the rockets!|
- Militant rocket squad rolling out of the Hand of Nod
They are chosen based on former military training from state governments or partisan experience, but generally lack the refined training that GDI missile squads receive. They wield Airburst rocket launchers, and are able to destroy aircraft and significantly damage tanks, especially when garrisoned in civilian buildings. Despite their status as militants, they are well trained enough and considered essential that neither the Black Hand's desire for purification nor the Marked of Kane's reliance on cyborgs could cause their removal from their respective selections of infantry.
The rocket squads are easily recognizable by their red ponchos with Nod's emblem, along with red hoods and white scarfs covering their faces. This stands in contrast to regular militants, who wear gray civilian clothes or TWII Nod combat armour.
|Call for transport||If an Air Tower is deployed, Militant rocket squads can call in a Carryall for pickup for a small fee of $200. This ability has a 2 minute cooldown. Unavailable to the Black Hand. (Ctrl+A).|
|Confessor upgrade||Adds a Confessor to the squad, increasing firepower and adding the automatically used Hallucinogenic grenade ability (Nod only) (Ctrl+A).||This upgrade costs $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
|Black Disciple||The Black Hand faction gets the Black Disciple upgrade instead, which adds a Black Hand trooper instead of a Confessor. This gives the Rocket Squad a short range anti-infantry defense and ability to clear garrisons (Ctrl+A).||This upgrade costs $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
|Tiberium infusion||Enhancements on Kane's Divination project have allowed Nod's militants to receive beneficial side-effects from Tiberium Infusion. Tiberium Infusion adds a 10% health bonus, 25% speed bonus, and immunity to Tiberium to Militant Rocket Squads, and also changes their gun armor to 100%. (Ctrl+S).||This upgrade costs $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
They are marginally effective against other infantry and can easily be killed by rifleman squads, grenadiers, or buzzers. Anti-Infantry specialists such as sniper teams can eliminate entire regiments of them without too much trouble. The best way to use them is in garrisoned buildings or from ambushes. Otherwise, they don't stand much of a chance.
- Cheap and effective anti-armour and anti-air unit, best results when massed
- An economic and useful support unit for tanks lacking anti-air capabilities
- Can provide a good defensive line if garrisoned inside buildings or a Reckoner
- Upgrading with Confessors or Black Disciples gives them better anti-infantry protection
- Black Hand variants are troubling even to masses of enemy infantry when upgraded with Black Disciples and the Purifying Flame upgrade.
- Any anti-infantry unit can basically take them down with ease
- Rockets are not fast enough to efficiently engage fast moving or heavy aircraft such as the Vertigo bombers and Devastator Warships unless grouped in large numbers
- Relies primarily on strength in numbers
- Due to the Black Hand replacing the Confessor upgrade with Black Hand troopers, Black Hand Rocket Militia have almost no ranged anti-infantry power.
- Cannot move and attack at the same time.
- We got the rockets!
- Rockets right here!
- Rockets ready!
- Let's get out there!
- Who are we firing at next?
- Keep an eye out!
- If it moves, kill it!
- Find a good spot!
- Over here!
- Rockets, this way!
- A better spot!
- Keep low!
- Stay clear of 'em!
- Keep moving!
- All right!
- Looks clear!
- Let's wait in there!
- Set up in there!
- Take 'em down!
- Do it now!
- Hit 'em!
- Launch it!
Move to Attack
- Hit 'em before they hit us!
- Get in closer!
- There they are, hurry!
- Get a good shot!
- Go get 'em!
- Keep give it to 'em!
- That's it!
- Don't let 'em in close!
- We have 'em!
- They're not leaving here!
- Watch your back!
- Got to get outta here!
- Watch it!
•A Rocketeer gets on the ground and examines his launcher.
•A Rocketeer scratches his head.
•A Rocketeer seems to be annoyed and "gets" the attention of the person to his left.