Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For the rocket militants, see militant rocket squad.|
Various assault rifles
Various body armour (see text)
40 per squad member
Light (25% Cannon, 50% Rocket, 75% Grenade, 100% Gun, 100% Sniper)
8, 9 w/Confessor
9 per squad member (Gun)
0.35 seconds, each burst lasts 0.3 seconds
|“|| Down with GDI!|
- Militants, never too happy about the GDI
Militants are primarily disillusioned (or possibly ecstatic) men and women who have suffered from harsh lives in Yellow Zones and have been attracted to service in the Nod armed forces by the latter's relief efforts. The use of militia plays an important role for Nod, the inevitable product of the "Control The Media, Control The Mind" social doctrine, with commanders preferring to sacrifice their militant auxiliaries rather than endanger the thin ranks of the surviving Nod regulars and "true believers" who comprise the Brotherhood's cherished elite troops, such as Shadow Teams and Black Hand troopers.
Militants wear drab, gray hooded jackets and pants, with bandoleers, backpacks, and goggles. In some regions, they wear old worn Second Tiberium War combat armour previously used by Nod light infantry ranks. The Militants use a variety of small arms, ranging from old 20th century assault rifles, such as the late 20th century GAU-3 Eliminator 5.56mm assault rifles, to new GD-2 rifles. Militants are poorly trained and equipped when compared with their GDI counterparts, but their fanatical zeal, willingness to fight for the Brotherhood and sheer numbers make up for their weaknesses.
|Call for transport||If an Air Tower is deployed, Militants can call in a Carryall for pickup for a small fee of $200. This ability has a 2 minute cooldown (Ctrl+A).|
|“|| Fighters, arm up!|
- Militants, after being trained from the Hand of Nod
|Confessor upgrade||Adds a Confessor to the squad, increasing firepower and adding the automatically used Hallucinogenic grenade ability (Ctrl+A).||This upgrade costs $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
|Tiberium infusion||Enhances the squad with Tiberium infusion, increasing health and granting immunity to Tiberium (Ctrl+S).||This upgrade costs $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
Unfortunately, militants have universally bad armour and are, generally speaking, the weakest units in the conflict. Pretty much anything capable of taking on infantry should be able to dispatch them without too much trouble. They are poorly trained compared to their GDI counterpart, the riflemen squad. However, they are tied with Scrin Buzzers for the position of cheapest unit that can be built at 200 credits while also having the largest squad size of any unit. This distinct advantage can often be seen utilized by Nod commanders, to simply overwhelm their opposition in bodies, using their dedicated foot soldiers as nothing but meat shields while more advanced (and expensive) war machines march forward. They are particularly effective in overwhelming enemy units who's effectiveness depends on the number of individual bodies, rather than armor or defense (such as GDI sniper teams). They can be trained in a short time, making them favoured in Rushing Strategies. They become more effective with the Tiberium infusion and Confessor upgrades, which can make a significant difference in certain situations.
Effective counters to these infantry formations have been developed by GDI in the course of their engagements in Yellow Zones in the form of advanced grenadier units garrisoned in Guardian APCs and heavy anti-infantry units.
- Cheapest basic infantry in game at 200 credits
- Promotes very quickly (cheaper units gain promotions in proportion to damage they deal vs. their cost)
- 9 soldiers per squad - biggest squad size of any infantry unit
- Great cannon fodder
- Confessor upgrade adds a stronger, more damaging squad member with a machine gun and Hallucination Grenades. Haullcination Grenades cause enemy infantry squads hit to shoot at each other. This turns militants into a cheap but very strong anti-infantry unit.
- Good in numbers
- Tiberium Infusion upgrade improves militant health and makes them immune to the damage they normally get from standing in Tiberium
- Even with the Tiberium Infusion upgrade squad members are very easy to kill, and still weaker than upgraded GDI Riflemen
- Very vulnerable to aircraft
- Extremely vulnerable to anti-infantry vehicles
- Hallucination Grenades have a low rate of fire and are useless against vehicles and base defenses
- Poor damage against buildings and most vehicles
- Fighters, arm up!
- We fight for Nod!
- The oppressors must die!
- Down with GDI!
- Rise up!
- Hold your weapons high!
- Over there!
- Move it!
- This way!
- No stopping!
- Let's go, let's go!
- Over there, soldiers!
- Move it, let's go!
- Keep going!
- Take it!
- Get in there!
- Everybody, get inside!
- Kill 'em!
- In the name of Kane!
- Wipe 'em out!
- No survivors!
Move to Attack
- It's them, let's go!
- There they are, get 'em!
- Get 'em!
- Hunt them!
- Don't let up!
- Bring 'em to their knees!
- Make them suffer!
- Kill or be killed!
- Save yourselves!
- Move back!
- Everybody, move back!
- Get down!
- Watch out!
- Take cover!
- While looking them closely when they are attacking, they seem to only use one hand to fire their rifles, unless they are in a crouching position near a structure, in which case they will hold their rifles with both hands.
- Sometimes while idling, they look straight down the barrel of their rifle, a reflection of their poor training.
- Attack bikes and Raider buggies are piloted by Militants. Their appearance changes depending on whether they are in Tiberium Wars or Kane's Wrath, but the cameos are left unchanged.
- Large excessive amounts of militants can induce slow gameplay, on console versions. This is quite common with Balanced Skirmish AI.
- Some of their idle animations show them disrespecting their own firearms by swinging it like a baseball bat to hit a rock they grabbed from the ground. They also can not perform a proper salute without dropping their rifle on the ground.
- The quote "Down with GDI" has become very popular among Nod-minded fans of the Tiberium Series.
- Rifleman Squad - GDI's basic infantry
- Confessor Cabal - Black Hand's basic infantry
- Awakened - Marked of Kane's basic infantry
- Buzzers - Scrin's basic infantry