|New York City|
Eastern Seaboard, USA
Major commercial and financial city
New York City was the largest and most populous city in the United States and one of the largest in the Western World. It was a pivotal strategic and symbolic location in both Great World War III and the War of the Three Powers.
Starting off as a Dutch settlement named New Amsterdam, New York became English and was renamed in 1674 and grew to become a major city of the United States. The city would become the financial capital of the US and later to the world. Being a source of great wealth, New York was seen as the greatest capitalist symbol the world has ever known. The Statue of Liberty was placed on Liberty Island in the Hudson River as a token of friendship and reward from France. As the city's economic prosperity grew, so did its skyline, resulting in one of the most prominent cityscapes on Earth.
Role in GWWIII
|“|| Welcome to New York, Commander!|
- Zofia, greeting the Commander at New York
New York was one of the first locations invaded by the Soviet Union in the Third World War. The City was heavily bombarded by Dreadnoughts and V3 Launchers, and the Soviets established several major outposts in the region to strengthen their hold on the city.
In the Allied Campaign, Agent Tanya infiltrated the city to liberate the trapped troops in Fort Bradley. The city was largely in ruins by this time and she could not save the Statue of Liberty from being brought down by Soviet missiles. Upon the destruction of the Statue, Premier Romanov delivered a message to the people of New York: "See your liberty, how she lies broken before you...you can continue to mourn your past, or join us in the Great Soviet Revolution!". Sadly for the communist tyrants, their response was all too typical. Allied revenge was swift; Agent Tanya rallied the Allied forces stationed in and around Fort Bradley and dealt a swift blow to the Soviet invaders by demolishing their local outpost, saving the city.
|The following is based on the Soviet campaign for Red Alert 2 and some details might contradict canon.|
In the Soviet Campaign, New York was where Yuri wanted to test his Psychic Beacon. In the campaign, Soviet forces capture an Allied Battle Lab which was built between the World Trade Center's Twin Towers. After the capture, the battle lab was converted into a Psychic beacon, which caused massive amounts of Allied reinforcements and the city itself to fall under the banner of the Hammer-and-Sickle.
Role in War of the Three Powers
|The following is based on the Soviet campaign of Red Alert 3 and contradicts canon sources.|
|“|| New York will soon be renamed Commandergrad! I think...|
- Conscript, Blight on the Big Apple
New York City was the site of the last major battle in the War in the Soviet perspective. See Operation: Blight on the Big Apple for more information.
After the War, as a reflection of the Revolution's victory, the city was renamed Commandergrad, as a insult to injury, and in honor of the commander, now Premier, who took the city and the world for the USSR. The destroyed Statue of Liberty was rebuilt with a Statue of Lenin and along with the New York Stock Exchange they now belong to the Soviet Union.
Areas of Interests
- Fort Bradley: This base is the main defense against the incoming soviets. In the Allies last stand against the Soviets it was destroyed by tesla tanks.
- Soviet supply base: This base was destroyed because of V3 rocket launchers in that base were attacking the Statue of Liberty.
- Soviet main base: The commander built up a base after fort Bradley was destroyed.
- Moskvins base: This base sent Akula subs, Dreadnoughts and air power to attack the Allied Navy.
- Final Allied base: This base has not just the full might of the Allied army, Air Force and navy but also the two super weapons to repel the soviet invaders.
- New York Stock Exchange: This structure if captured provides cash to whoever owns it and was defended by cryocopters and armored units.
- Statue of Liberty: This statue was destroyed by the Soviets twice. The first time was by a V3 and the second time by Apocalypse tanks, Kirovs and Dreadnoughts. After the allies surrender the statue was rebuild as Lenin.