The Ravager is a form of elite assault "infantry" used by the Scrin.
These creatures are quadrupedal biomechanical constructs, that literally have green Tiberium crystals growing on them. They have been reported to be one of fastest Scrin units encountered to date. The Ravager attacks by flinging Tiberium shards at its target in a manner similar to Canis tiberius. It has also been confirmed to have the ability to detonate Tiberium via a reaction similar to that caused by Nod's Catalyst missile.
Ravager units of Reaper-17 can be upgraded with better weaponry. Traveler-59 is able to upgrade their Ravager's with advanced articulators, increasing its speed to the point it can outrun most vehicles and infantry.
Ravagers come in squads of three, and are thus vulnerable to snipers. They are also unable to garrison buildings and their shards are only effective against light vehicles and infantry. Their Tiberium Agitation ability, however, is a very considerable threat and a few of them could easily cripple a base's economy. The ability also seems to work on any unit that contains Tiberium, even hostile Scrin units, with devastating effects.
Ravagers can be considered to be broadly equivalent to Nod's Shadow Teams.
- Deadly against infantry and light vehicles.
- Dangerous in large numbers.
- Like all Scrin infantry, can be healed by Corrupters (or Mechapede Toxin segments) and in Tiberium Fields.
- With the advanced articulators Upgrade, it gets a substantial speed boost, making it even better at hit-and-run attacks.
- In large groups can decimate Zone Troopers and Raider Squads.
- Blue shards upgrade increases damage and rate of fire dramatically.
- Their Tiberium Agitation ability can quickly cripple base economies, and is effective against most
Scrin units and buildings.
- Almost useless against heavy vehicles and structures.
- Can't hit Aircraft.
- Small squad size (three units per squad) makes them vulnerable to snipers.
- Vulnerable to dedicated anti-infantry such as Black Hand troops and APCs.
- Advanced Base Defenses easily dispatch them.
- Must stand still in order to fire.
- Cannot detect stealth.
- Cannot garrison buildings.
- One squad can lose to just 2 Militant squads (Nod's cheapest and most basic unit).