Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|For similar units, see rocket infantry.|
Dragon TOW rockets
Rocket infantry are specially trained soldiers equipped with missile launchers (usually Dragon TOWs or RedEyes) and tasked with attacking enemy armour, structures and aircraft as a part of the Allied infantry corps during the Second World War.
Rocket infantry use Dragon TOWs against land enemies and the Redeye against aircraft and submarines (it was especially deadly against subs). The Dragon is a little inaccurate, thus it dealt less damage to moving enemies and very low damage to infantry. They are also very slow and have less protection than rifle infantry, making them more vulnerable to enemy fire.
Rocket soldiers can be trained by the Soviets in multiplayer. They also appear to be on the Soviet side on certain missions in the campaign, but very rarely.
As an anti-armor and anti-air infantry, they are fairly easy to mass but are slow and vulnerable to rifle and machine gun fire. They can act as good escorts against Aircraft but require a strong ground support due to their frail armor and slow speed. Strategically placed in a player's home base, they can function as cheap Anti Air Defences in low power situations. They can however outrange Pillboxes, Camo Pillboxes and Flame Towers with proper micro-management.
Red Alert Universe
Behind the Scenes
The sidebar icon in depicts the rocket soldier wielding an M72 LAW.
- Effective against vehicles, aircraft and buildings.
- Cheap and effective anti-armour and anti-air unit, best results when massed.
- An economic and useful support unit for units lacking anti-air capabilities
- Can utrange pillboxs, camo pillboxes and flame tower with proper micro-management
- Powerful in numbers.
- Can easily be crashed by vehicles.
- Slow moving.
- Ineffective against other infantry.
- Vulnerable to anti-infantry units.
- Loses against an Yak in one-on-one matches
- Wire-guided missile (Wikipedia)
- Rocket soldier (Tiberian Dawn) - Tiberian Dawn counterpart
- Guardian GI - Yuri's Revenge counterpart