Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Using the successful MLRS frame, replacing the rocket pods with two large "Honest John" missiles, the SSM launcher is a rocket artillery vehicle that can deal massive damage to infantry and structures, supporting the M110 artillery.
The technology that goes into the "Honest John" missiles is quite advanced - the missiles require sophisticated guidance and electronics, so Nod only delivers them to bases guarded by an Obelisk of Light.
These units were phased out by the time the Second Tiberium War had begun.
The most important quality of these launchers is their extreme range. Their missiles have significantly more range than both the Obelisk of Light and an Advanced Guard Tower, and could thus be used to slowly wear down an enemy's defenses.
The SSM Launcher is probably the most elusive "regular" unit in the history of C&C. It only appears in multiplayer and, as Tiberian Dawn does not have a skirmish mode, most single-players never saw it. While The Covert Operations expansion pack features missions with Chem-Warriors and Apache helicopters, there are no missions where one starts with or can build an SSM Launcher, though the Nod AI player does regularly builds and uses them. The only single-player mission where it can be built is the fourth dinosaur campaign mission if Nod is the player's chosen side.
- Effective against infantry and buildings
- The rockets has a large explosion radius, so can take out multiple infantry units.
- Great building destroyer.
- Outranges all of the base defenses.
- Reasonably cheap ($750).
- The only primary land based siege capable of firing upon the Obelisk of Light from outside its range.
- Longest range weapon in the game
- Weak armor
- Vulnerable to anti-vehicle units
- Ineffective against heavily armoured vehicles
- Unable to protect itself at close range (blind spot).
- Long reload time
- Only appears in multiplayer
- Multiple Launch Rocket System (Tiberian Dawn)
- M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System (Wikipedia)
- MGR-1 Honest John (Wikipedia)