|For other uses, see Saboteur.|
30 (20 if badly wounded)
|“|| Tell me your plan.|
Trained in stealth techniques, the Saboteur could climb cliffs to infiltrate enemy bases. Once inside, the Saboteur could enter enemy facilities and power them down for a time. If a Saboteur entered an enemy Command Center, the timers for the deployment of special promotional abilities would be reset.
GLA commanders had to have a Palace on the battlefield before they could train Saboteurs.
|“|| I'll shut them down!|
- Saboteur on the attack
|Sabotage - Can temporarily disable enemy building.|
Effect on BuildingsEdit
- Command Center - Resets timers of General's Powers
- Supply Center - Steal 1000 supplies. You cannot steal more than what the enemy has.
- Barracks/War Factory/Air Field - Disables targeted building for 30 seconds.
- Strategy Center/Propaganda Center/Supply Drop Zone/Black Market/Internet Center - Disables targeted building for 15 seconds.
- Power Plant - Disables all superweapons and base defenses for 30 seconds.
- Superweapon - Resets timer.
- Fake structure - Explodes immediately.
|“|| They will suspect nothing!|
The Saboteur had a very limited purpose, but if used tactically they could turn a battle around. Potentially they could delay the deployment of special powers and superweapons, shut down a base's power grid or prevent the construction of vehicles/training of infantry. At the right moment this could give a GLA commander a considerable tactical advantage.
Provided they could stay out of sight, they make excellent scouts if they manage to sneak into an enemy base.
|“|| This was not to plan!|
- Saboteur Under Fire
However, they were unarmed and could only perform a non-lethal ability. The only defense that a Saboteur had was to avoid detection. They were also soft targets, thus they were easy target practice for units with anti-personnel weapons or get quickly run over by vehicles.
- The Saboteur was originally able to steal cash from American Supply Drop Zones. It was most likely removed because it gave America too much of a disadvantage compared to the other factions, whose secondary sources of income cannot be infiltrated.
|“|| I sneak in and blow them up|
- Demo Saboteur Unused Quote
- Juhziz was originally meant to have a unique variant of the Saboteur called the Demo Saboteur, that could plant explosive charges and infiltrate structures. This variant was not implemented into his final faction design as it did not fit him and was also quite unbalanced at the same time (having an almost identical capability similar to the hero units Colonel Burton and Juhziz's Jarmen Kell).
- Their capability to sabotage structures combined with their stealth feature and availability at tier 3 makes them very similar to Allied Spy from Red Alert universe.