Plasma disc launchers
Heavy (100% Cannon, 75% Rocket, 50% Grenade, 60% Gun, 1% Sniper)
75 (Rocket), fires in volleys of 5 discs, 200% scalar against civilian buildings, 25% scalar against infantry
0.5 seconds to fire clip of 5 shots, 1.7 seconds to reload clip
Seekers are apparently designed for scouting and reconnaissance missions. Thanks to their ability to 'glide' over the battlefield, Seekers boast a high degree of speed and maneuverability. They are armed with plasma disc launchers (slightly weaker but similar to the stationary Photon Cannon) that are effective against vehicles (in particular light vehicles) as well as aircraft, but less effective against infantry. Seekers are rather lightly armoured, making them ill-suited at taking out heavy vehicles such as tanks head-on without considerably superior numbers.
|Uncombine with Buzzers||Orders the Buzzer swarm attached to the vehicle to detach and roam freely (Ctrl+A).|
|Attenuated Forcefields||Provide a fair amount of protection to Seeker, adding a shield that can take up to 500 points of damage. Shields take 100% damage from all damage types except Sniper (1%). Shields return 1:45 after taking damage or being destroyed (Ctrl+A).||Purchasable at any Nerve Center for $2000 and takes 1:00 to research.|
|Shard launchers||Alter the weapons of the Seeker from plasma discs to lethal Tiberium shards propelled towards their targets at high velocity (Ctrl+S).||Purchasable at any Technology Assembler for $2500 and takes 1:15 to research.|
The Seeker is the heaviest vehicle available to the Scrin at Tier 1, but was vastly inferior to the Predator and somewhat inferior to the Scorpion. It is, however, cheaper than the Predator Tank at 800 credits and, at least in theory, can overwhelm them with large numbers (albeit with inevitably high casualties).
In addition, the Seeker possesses advanced detection systems that are very effective in detecting stealthed units. In this category, the Seeker has somewhat better armour but worse speed and mobility than the Attack Bike and is comparable to the Pitbull in terms of firepower, speed and armor.
- One of the toughest tier 1 units in Scrin arsenal
- Versatile; can be used as land scout and MBT
- Only land unit of the Scrin that can detect stealth units; this is especially important for Reaper-17, as they don't have access to the other stealth detector unit, the Planetary Assault Carrier
- Somewhat effective against vehicles and structures, effective against harvesters (not even Nod's harvesters can escape from it)
- Its performance can be improved by researching Shard launchers and Forcefields (Kane's Wrath only)
- One of the most balanced units in the game
- Increase anti-infantry defense by combining with Buzzers
- Cheaper than Nod's MBT, the Scorpion tank.
- Poor movement, hardly escapes from nasty situations.
- MBT role still the weakest when compared to Predator or Scorpion.
- It hovers like GDI's HoverTech but cannot crush any infantry (unlike Slingshot)
- Somewhat more expensive than any land scout.