Ultra-heavy assault walker
Wave-force blades (3)
41248 ¥ (approximately)
Absorbs Tesla weaponry to repair itself
The walker's upper body pivots on the tripedal base. Each blade is wielded by a separate torso on the upper body. Operations against the Soviet Union were a consideration in the design; the Executioner feeds on high-voltage electricity from Tesla artilleries (such as Tesla Tanks, Tesla Coils and Stingrays) to repair and recharge itself, however it has a constant vulnerability to aircraft and air-to-ground weapons.
The three large blades are more than sufficient to eliminate ground targets lesser than itself (even tier 3 armor units can't take more than 3 hits). Amusingly, the swords actually have a longer range than direct-fire units. While nowhere nearly as long-ranged as artillery units, it can destroy Super Reactors without getting caught in the explosion. In addition it may simultaneously drive the blades into the ground to release an electric shockwave; this is usually sufficient to destroy even structures in the surrounding area. The Executioner has no anti-air weaponry but is a hazard to low-flying aircraft due to its height. The walker may also wade through water and tread over/on buildings.
Its destructive power is matched by its armor. A lone Executioner is only threatened by mobile artillery, like V4 Rocket Launchers, assuming the artillery constantly relocated to avoid the oncoming walker. Another important observation was its inability to target multiple targets at once, and its slow attack speed, which the Terror Drone swarms have revealed and exploited this weakness. Also, the Executioner can be shrunk and then frozen by several Cryocopters, leaving it vulnerable.
War of the Three PowersEdit
|The following is based on the Empire of the Rising Sun campaign for Red Alert 3 and contradicts canon sources.|
- Main article: Behold the Mighty Saint of Swords
The development of the Shogun Executioner was completed as the Empire invaded the Soviet Union. An example was transported disassembled to the front at Odessa. The final leg of the journey was by a Sudden Transport naval convoy. Responsibility for providing protection for the convoy and its assembly at a local warehouse fell to a recently promoted shogun, who also oversaw its use once it became operational. The Executioner helped destroy the city's artillery emplacements allowing Imperial forces to establish a foothold and drive the Soviets out of the surrounding area.
- Main article: Crumble Kremlin Crumble
The Executioner was sent toward Moscow as the war against the Soviet Union neared its end. The assault on the capital was already in progress when the walker arrived by river. With the aid of the Executioner, Imperial forces advanced on the Kremlin and destroyed the Soviet time machine. The Soviet Union fell shortly thereafter.
At least one Shogun Executioner was operational after the War of the Three Powers and the fall of the Empire, seemingly defending a small island.
|Omega Shockwave||Spread massive electrical-like shockwave around the Shogun Executioner.|
The Shogun Executioner appears in two Red Alert 3 missions in the Empire of the Rising Sun campaign, as well as in a Commander's Challenge mission and derived skrimish map Caldera of Calamity in Uprising.
However, the Shogun Executioner in Uprising has an armour counter unlike the former. It is also considered a superweapon.
The Executioner is vulnerable to Terror Drones and air attacks.
The game model is not visually synonymous with its CGI appearance. The game model is more cubic in design and lacks the shoulder and forearm armour. It is also comically missing some teeth.
The Shogun Executioner has the ability to heal when receiving fire from Tesla weaponry.
Although the Executioner is tall enough to slash aircraft, it must still walk up to them to destroy them. The reason behind this is unknown.
The Shogun Executioner has "ears" that might appear to be missile pods or vice versa.
- The toughest unit in the game - literally a "one man army" unit
- Regenerates on Tesla weaponry
- Wave-Force Katanas can instantly kill almost any unit except apocalypse and future tanks
- Omega Shockwave is more destructive than any superweapon and does not inflict damage to allies
- Can crush any land/sea units just by walking or stepping through them
- Can crush low flying aircraft due to its height
- can withstand most superweapons except the vacuum imploder
- Affected by point defense drones
- Very slow movement.
- Main Weapon is short ranged
- Vulnerable to Magnetic Satellites
- Can be killed by a single Vacuum Imploder hit
- Can be killed in one hit by the secondary ability of the Reaper
- Can crush allies
- Vulnerable to commandos, packs of Terror drones and aircraft
- Vulnerable against constantly re-stationed artillery vehicles
- The bodies cannot turn using the legs as platform, requiring the whole mecha to slowly turn to move at a desired direction. There seems to be one main body of the three, which faces the direction the whole mecha moves. The body is always the same, requiring the entire construction to turn so that this specific body faces the move direction.
- The same main body is the only one that can execute player targeted attacks.
- Cannot attack multiple units at once.
- Can be shrunk and then crushed by vehicle-crushing units.
- Even though it has rocket pods mounted on either sides of their heads, Shogun Executioners cannot attack some air units.
- Campaign-Only Unit