|For other vehicles of the same class, see Specter.|
Light (100% Cannon, 75% Rocket, 25% Grenade, 25% Gun, 1% Sniper)
750 max/250 min
Stealthed (except BH)
|“|| They die so brightly!|
- Specter pilot observing the mayhem he started
The Specter was the scalpel that allowed Nod to deftly lift the iron grip of GDI and reestablish their dominance. It was developed using stealth technology regained by LEGION after a raid on a GDI Covert Lab in Australia. By the dawn of the Fourth Tiberium War the Specter was upgraded to an improved version making it able to launch corrosive shells.
Essentially a lightly-armored tracked vehicle with a large caliber cannon mounted on its top, the design of the vehicle seems to be based on the scorpion, Nod's traditional symbol. In order to fire, it needs to deploy itself by spreading six "claws" that provide a stable platform for the large caliber weapon. In order to allow it to safely reach its destination and prevent premature detection by enemy scouts, the Specter, as its name suggests, is outfitted with a state-of-the-art stealth generator. The high impact shells fired from the cannon follow a high-arc trajectory and do tremendous amounts of damage, especially against structures, with a large blast radius. Care should be exercised when using the Specter, lest there be friendly fire incidents due to the large blast radius from its shells.
|Bombardment||This ability allows Specters to fire at a designated location on the map that is within the line of sight (radius 400) of a Beacon planted by a Shadow Team. This ability has a 20 second cooldown (Ctrl+S).|
|Call for transport||If an Air Tower is deployed, Specter can call in a Carryal transport for pickup for a small fee of $200. This ability has a 2 minute cooldown (Ctrl+A).|
Nod Shadow Teams can interact with these artillery units and deploy a beacon to accurately guide their fire, like the GDI Sniper Team and Juggernaut. The beacon, however, reveals itself as it transmits the coordinates, leaving it vulnerable to being destroyed. Interestingly, so long as a single beacon is activated on the local battlefield, rogue GDI Sniper Teams can also spot for a barrage. The Specter itself has a long deployment time, during which the stealth generator must be deactivated, leaving it vulnerable to attack.
The Specter exemplifies the very combat doctrine of the entire Nod faction: appear out of the shadows, cause mayhem, and dissappear just as quickly as appearing. A small group of Specters can harrass and destroy armor columns and bases unscathed and well out of the range of retaliation.
- Very powerful attack; devastates enemy structures and units alike
- Cloaked unless attacking (except Black Hand)
- Cheaper than the Devastator Warship and Juggernaut Assault Walker
- Used by all Nod factions
- Decent movement speed
- Far outranges base defenses and Epic Units, allowing it to counter them effectively
- Extremely long-ranged and accurate when used in conjunction with Shadow Teams
- Can perform guerrilla warfare tactics in conjunction with Stealth Tanks
- Effective scout; can spot enemy positions before launching preemptive strikes
- Out-range even the mighty GDI Juggernauts.
- More expensive than Beam Cannon laser vehicles
- Weak armor; lengthy deploy time; decloaked while firing
- Cannot hit airborne or fast-moving targets
- Fairly inaccurate; does not track targets
- Available only at Tier 3
- Very loud, can quickly get enemy attention, especially with Commandos and Redeemers
- By itself against heavy units it is just a nuisance.
- Like all artillery units, reveals its position even in Fog of War.
- Specter online!
- None shall see me coming!
- Hidden and dangerous!
- Hidden death!
- Stealthed and ready!
- Ready to strike!
- Into the darkness!
- Like a ghost!
- Moving out!
- Stealth artillery moving out!
- Taking position!
- They won't see us coming...
- Specter, moving!
- Death from above!
- Kane's fury!!
- Target acquired!
- Death comes silently!
- Begin online!
- Star will fall!
- Light of the morning!
- The light of Kane!
- Like a nightmare!
Move to Attack
- Never see me coming!
- It's all over for 'em!
- Weapons prime!
- Silent and deadly!
- Glorious destruction!
- They die so brightly!
- It's better to fade away!
- Time to disappear!
- Zone is hot!
Behind the Scenes
This artillery unit acts similarly to the Advanced Artillery in using an accurate big gun that does massive damage and required to deploy in order to fire, the only difference being that it can use its stealth generators to evade patrols, or escape from hostile units. It is similar to the Nuke Cannon in Generals, used by the PLA.