|This article is about the Tiberium Wars Nod unit. For the Tiberian Dawn Nod unit, see Stealth tank (Tiberian Dawn). For the Tiberian Sun Nod unit, see Stealth tank (Tiberian Sun). For the Tiberian Twilight Nod unit, see AT-5 Stealth Tank.|
Rocket pods (x2)
|“|| Stealth tank cleared for combat!|
- Assembled Stealth tank
The stealth tank is an invisible hit-and-run vehicle in Tiberium Wars.
|“|| Any scanners around?|
- Stealth tank
In 2034, the stealth tank was extensively redesigned and upgraded. They were first used during the attack on Brother Marcion's headquarters and proved to be a powerful weapon, forming the backbone of Nod's hit-and-run operation.
Third generation stealth tanks provide valuable mobile anti-air support along with anti-tank firepower. Their stealth and speed make them excellent scouts, especially since Nod does not have a Radar Scan support power unlike GDI.
The redesign resulted in the removal of the fourth tread and streamlining of the vehicle, as well as overhauling the missile launchers. The new tank moves on three articulated treads, has an aerodynamic profile and much improved stealth generator. The missile launchers are now placed over the pilot's cockpit and are capable of firing volleys of guided missiles, numbering up to 16 rockets per volley. These rockets can be upgraded to Tiberium core missiles.
The new generator is much more advanced and is capable of reactivating the stealth bubble almost instantly after the tank has fired its volley, making the tank even more deadly and hard to locate than before. At close ranges, any unit with adequate sensors can locate a stealth tank; though these units, such as the CC-6 Pitbull, are usually fragile, they can prove deadly to the stealth tanks if escorted by units with heavy firepower.
|Tiberium core missiles||Doubles damage output|
- Excellent against aircraft and vehicles
- Invisible to most units except those equipped with stealth detection
- Can crush infantry with ease (thanks to the stealth ability and its high speed)
- One of the fastest vehicles on the battlefield
- Tiberium Core Missiles increases greatly its firepower
- Avatars can utilise Commandeer Technology to gain stealth ability by taking the stealth generator off a stealth tank.
- Unloads many missiles at a time.
- Light armour
- Lengthy reload time
- Not available to the Black Hand
- Expensive and only available at Tier 3
- A group of 3-4 is required to take down a PAC, due to the high damage output.
- Fires missiles in a sequential barrage, which requires valuable time to deliver, and exposes the stealth tank to enemy fire, making hit and run against other anti-vehicle structures extremely risky.
- Any scanners around?
- Stealth Tank!
- Keep alert
- Stay unseen!
- Stealth Tank cleared for combat! (when built)
- Gliding over...
- Get into position...
- Stay quiet...
- Get the rockets ready!
- Before they strike back!
- Quickly, ATTACK!
- Finish it hurry!
- Lets Make this Quick!
- More Rockets!
- In and Out!
- Specter; Stealth Artillery, based on Stealth Tank.