|This article is about the Tiberium Wars Nod unit. For the Tiberian Dawn Nod unit, see Stealth tank (Tiberian Dawn). For the Tiberian Sun Nod unit, see Stealth tank (Tiberian Sun). For the Tiberian Twilight Nod unit, see AT-5 Stealth Tank.|
Rocket pods (x2)
Light (100% Cannon, 75% Rocket, 25% Grenade, 25% Gun, 1% Sniper)
5.1 seconds, each volley of 10 takes 1 seconds
|“|| Stealth tank cleared for combat!|
- Assembled Stealth tank
The stealth tank is an invisible hit-and-run vehicle in Tiberium Wars.
|“|| Any scanners around?|
- Stealth tank
In 2034, the stealth tank was extensively redesigned and upgraded. They were first used during the attack on Brother Marcion's headquarters and proved to be a powerful weapon, forming the backbone of Nod's hit-and-run operation.
Third generation stealth tanks provide valuable mobile anti-air support along with anti-tank firepower. Their stealth and speed make them excellent scouts, especially since Nod does not have a Radar Scan support power unlike GDI.
The redesign resulted in the removal of the fourth tread and streamlining of the vehicle, as well as overhauling the missile launchers. The new tank moves on three articulated treads, has an aerodynamic profile and much improved stealth generator. The missile launchers are now placed over the pilot's cockpit and are capable of firing volleys of guided missiles, numbering up to 10 rockets per volley. These rockets can be upgraded to Tiberium core missiles.
The new generator is much more advanced and is capable of reactivating the stealth bubble almost instantly after the tank has fired its volley, making the tank even more deadly and hard to locate than before. At close ranges, any unit with adequate sensors can locate a stealth tank; though these units, such as the CC-6 Pitbull, are usually fragile, they can prove deadly to the stealth tanks if escorted by units with heavy firepower.
|Tiberium Core Missiles||The power of Tiberium packed into a rocket makes Stealth Tanks even more lethal (Ctrl+D).||Purchasable at any Tech Lab for a cost of $2500 and takes 1:15 to research.|
- Easily one of Nod's best anti-air units, as well as having good anti-vehicle firepower.
- Invisible to units except those equipped with stealth detection and infantries in close range, making it an ideal choice for economy harassment.
- Can crush infantry with ease thanks to the stealth ability and its high speed.
- One of the fastest vehicles on the battlefield. Can easily dodge projectiles.
- Tiberium Core Missiles give a large firepower boost, especially against aircraft.
- Avatars can utilize Commandeer Technology to gain stealth ability by taking the stealth generator off a stealth tank. However this is very expensive and Avatars can be cloaked with Cloaking Field support power in a more cost-effective manner.
- Unloads many missiles at a time, which allows it to do massive damage per volley. With hit and run tactics can allow it to hit multiple targets with a single volley load.
- Lightly armored, easy to kill with anti-armor fire, especially with instant hit weapons.
- Loses in open slugging matches (when it doesn't use hit-and-run attacks) with other tanks and heavy armor vehicles on a cost efficiency basis.
- Long reload time.
- Not available to the Black Hand.
- Expensive and only available at Tier 3.
- In order to remain stealthed, the stealth tank will not fire upon enemies entering its range unless if set to Aggressive Stance.
- In addition to its relatively short range, stealth tank fires missiles in a sequential barrage, which requires valuable time to deliver and exposes the stealth tank to enemy fire, making hit and run against large groups of enemies, enemy anti-armor units, and especially anti-vehicle structures very risky.
- Due to the delay of missile firing, stealth tanks sometimes do friendly fire while moving. Commanders may need to micro its route and avoid such damage.
- Stealth tank cleared for combat!
- Stealth emitter ready!
- Stealth tank!
- Stay unseen!
- They have no idea...
- Lie in waiting!
- Any scanners around?
- Keep alert!
- Stay quiet...
- Let's wait there!
- Runnin' smooth!
- Get into position...
- We'll hide there!
- Settling in!
- Gliding over...
- Quickly, attack!
- Hit them!
- Before they strike back!
Move to Attack
- Get the rockets ready!
- Ambush 'em!
- Let's get closer!
- Sneak up on 'em!
- Let's make this quick!
- Finish 'em, hurry!
- Keep rockin 'em!
- More rockets!
- In and out!
- Quick, hide!
- Stealth! Hurry!
- We need repairs!
- Specter; Stealth Artillery, based on Stealth Tank.