Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Medium (100% Cannon, 100% Rocket, 100% Grenade, 100% Gun, 1% Sniper)
100 (Rocket), fires in clips of 4, 75% scalar against APCs, Pitbulls, Stealth Tanks, Attack Bikes, Gun Walkers, and Seekers
0.4 seconds, additional 0.75 seconds every 4 shots
|“|| Incoming alien air! Blow those suckers out of the sky!|
- GDI Soldier
Fast and versatile, the Stormrider has a strong airframe and is armed with a single, omni-directional plasma cannon with an unlimited power supply. This weapon is capable of engaging both ground and airborne targets but suffers from a relatively weak power output. Stormriders are usually only capable of causing significant damage in groups of four or more. It is an ideal, if expensive, unit for scouting because of its high speed and ability to bypass obstacles as an air unit.
The Stormrider's name is derived from observations made by GDI field operatives, who noticed that the craft operated more effectively in an ion storm. The Scrin possess the technology to generate a localized ion storm at will, which is outfitted on board their Planetary Assault Carriers and Storm Column base defenses. While human technology takes damage from ion storms, all Scrin air units, including the Devastator Warships, can utilize these storms to gain a tremendous boost in protection as well as self-repair. Because of this, groups of Carriers and Warships escorted by groups of Stormriders are an exceptionally powerful combination.
The Stormriders bear a striking resemblance to the now retired Nod Banshee, which was known to have been based on reverse-engineered Scrin technology. Therefore, there are those who assume that the Stormrider was the basis upon which the Banshee was developed.
|Stormrider||The Stormrider is buffed upon entering an Ion Storm by adding +25% damage and reducing incoming damage by adding 25% damage reduction, and being healed for 5% of its life for every second of the Ion Storm effect. This effect is lost shortly after it leaves the storm.|
- No need to reload
- Only needs to go back to base for repairs
- More durable than their GDI and Nod counterparts (Orcas and Venoms)
- Self-repairs and increased attack damage in ion storms (friend or foe) created by Storm Columns or Planetary Assault Carriers
- Good against vehicles and aircraft
- Useful in distracting enemy base defenses and units to allow more powerful units to finish them off.
- Its unique pylon turn attack style makes it able to out-flank some slow turning AAs such as Mammoth Tanks, making these victims retaliate at a slower fire rate.
- Only four per gravity stabilizer
- Unlike the Devastator or Planetary Assault Carrier, the Stormrider's short weapon range means that it will very often come within range of anti-aircraft defences.
- Somewhat expensive
- Not effective against infantry
- Only deals major damage when used en masse
- Relatively weak armor.