GDI Offence Class
|“|| Striker reporting for duty.|
It is a superlight walker that can literally run circles around enemy units, tagging them with its laser. When it picks up a Blue Tiberium Core, the laser does more damage and prisms to strike other targets.
Prepping blueprints for expansion...
Striker is a stub and needs your help. You can help by expanding it.
Please refer to the talk page for further discussion.
The Striker is the second laser-armed Tier 1 vehicle available to the GDI Offense Class and is unlocked at Level 2. Their small, rapid-fire lasers enable them to take on heavier vehicles with impressive effeciency, especially when in groups. As with most Tier 1 units, they are small and lightly armored, making them easy to destroy. However, they are also fast enough to escape trouble if the situation requires such action. Their speed also allows them to jump cliffs and chasms, a handy feature when making a dramatic back-door entrance or beating a hasty retreat.
- Striker, reporting for duty.
- I'm fully prepared.
- At your service.
- Yes, Commander?
- Very well, Commander.
- We'll certainly give it a go.
- Quite so.
- Yes yes, I agree.
- On my way, Commander.
- It would be my honor.
- Right away, sir.
- An excellent position, I'd say.
- Moving out.
- But of course.
- Good call.
- I concur.
- Yes, I've come to the same conclusion.
- Ah, we have the speed boost now.
- The speed boost is active now.
- I have him.
- Stop him in his tracks!
- He's just in my range...
- Put them down, quickly!
- I'll give them a proper thrashing!
- Those light vehicle might not be so easy.
- Aren't the lasers meant for the heavier armor?
- We might consider sticking with the heavier targets.
- Probably not the best use for the laser.
- I believe we have the tools at hand.
- We'll see who prevails.
- This encounter seems promising.
- We'll make short work of them!
- A worthy opponent.
- Seems like a fair contest.
- They shall not prevail!
- Helping out a sore loser?
- I do so enjoy the competetive spirit!
- Bang on!
- It'll be our victory soon.
- A beautiful day for an engagement, I'd say.
- Hah! Touche!
- They won't keep up with a Striker.
- Discipline's the key.
- I am my duty.
- Can't take another hit like that one!
- Is that the warning light?
- They're putting up quite a fight!
- We may consider some repairs.
Behind the Scenes Edit
The Striker bares a close resemblence to the AT-ST (all-terrain scout transport) of Star Wars fame. The two main differences is that the Striker has a single large armament mounted to the left "shoulder" and a single crewman, while the AT-ST has two "mouth" laser cannons and two crewmen.
The Striker was also weakened during a beta patch, as their cost of only 3 command points meant they could easily be deployed in swarms, and their lasers allowed them to quickly destroy enemy Crawlers with impunity before any reinforcements could be summoned. Therefore, the Striker was "dumbed down" with a weaker weapon and reduced movement speed.