|Ta Hun Kwai|
General Class AAA
Chinese Armoured Divisions General
|“|| Tanks are the key to any victory... as you well know.|
The 51 year old General Ta Hun Kwai is convinced that the People's Liberation Army will see its greatest military successes in this century through the view holes of its tank divisions. A disciple of Soviet tank tactics of the Cold War, General Kwai has produced technical papers on various modifications to them. He has initiated development of techniques to reduce the costs of tank production and has sponsored the Emperor program, whose first tanks rolled off the assembly line in 2013. Considered part of the old guard in the PLA hierarchy, General Ta nevertheless continues to roll up victory after victory in battle.
Stationed at Base Rat, Jinan, China, General Kwai's Combat Number is 9999-322436-5.
- All tanks starts as veteran
- All tanks are 10% cheaper to produce (except ECM Tank)
- Battlemaster tanks are produced as elites
- Battlemasters can be upgraded with autoloaders
- Emperor Overlord instead of Overlord (equipped with propaganda tower, can be upgraded with gatling cannon)
- Aircraft and infantry more expensive to produce
- Tank Drop replaces Cash Hack
- Emergency Repair level 1 available earlier
- Carpet Bombing (Generals) available at level 5
- Cannot produce Inferno cannons or nuke cannons
- Must pay more for MiGs ($1600), and helicopters ($2000)
|“|| General! I need that Oil Derrick for my tanks! Release it to me or pay!|
Kwai is usually very arrogant, having complete faith in his superior tanks even in the most dire of situations. Much of the time this happened to work, but soon opposing generals found ways to exploit his faith in superior armor, such as heaping defence upon defence upon defence, turning the usually one-sided affair into a Kursk re-enactment. After his economy failed from over-production on tanks, many generals found simply sending escorted artillery teams at the flanks of his base was all that was need to topple his poorly defended stronghold, more developed for production than actual defence.
GLA Generals could use their classic strategy-hijackings-to easily turn Kwai's war machines against him.
Kwai has the most glaring weakness of any general to date, his inability to make ANY siege units left him utterly helpless to any general that was willing to bunker down and build up their defenses. While most generals could do this and stop Kwai in his tracks, Alexander and Townes were the bane of Kwai's tank forces. Alexander's defenses were built to disable and destroy any unit that required electricity to move and Townes laser turrets simply deep fried anything that got close. To a lesser extent, although almost as effective as the two mentioned generals, Shin Fai could build a large amount of reinforced bunkers and fill them all up with Tank Hunters. The only hope Kwai had was to either settle in for a battle of attrition by spamming tanks until a breach has been made, use a Nuclear Missile, or use the Chinese EMP ability and hope the enemy has no units that can hold the line until the base defenses are rebuilt.
Ta Hun Kwai is a strong supporter of the supreme Chinese commander General "Tigress" Leang. If the player defeats him, he says:"You may have defeated my tanks, General. But the Tigress will crush you like an insect".
- I think I let you win long enough, General. Prepare for the end.
- All hope is gone now, General. Surrender... or die.
- Ooooh! It cannot be! How have you defeated my tanks?!
- That's it! Time to unleash the War Machine!
- Your tank rush is nothing compare to mine. (At the loading screen)
- My armor will crush your pathetic forces. (At the loading screen)
- Do not challenge my tanks, General. You will lose. (At the loading screen)
- This area was once fertile farmland. Soon your blood will make it fertile again. Soon we will remove you from our lands. (At the beginning of the challenge)
- It's quiet out there, General, there must be a lot of tanks rolling toward your base. Don't you think?
- And these were just my Battlemasters. Just wait until the Overlords join the battle.
- I'd be careful, General. Sometimes the Red Guard likes to takeover buildings while you're busy with my tanks.
- Your supply pile looks low. Now nothing can stop us. (If the player is out of supplies)
- Supplies! I need more supplies! (If he is out of supplies)
- Tanks! Build more tanks!
- Are you impressed with the modifications to my tanks, General?
- Armor. Crush them.
- Soon the field will fill with tanks, my tanks.
- All units attack!
- My victory was assured from the beginning.
- Your defences fall like toys before my armor.
- Ah you have lost your Command Center and all hope to win against me, General. I await your surrender.
- You've lost a lot of buildings, General. Isn't it time to surrender.
- General, I need that Oil Derrick for my tanks! Release it to me or pay.
- I found your Tech Building, General. Now should I destroy it or capture it? (If found player's Oil Derrick or Oil Refinery)
- Oh you didn't need that tech buildings did you?
- There goes your Factory, General! How will you match my armor now?
- So you're trying to match my tanks in the field. I question your tactics, General.
- Your tactics confuse me, General!
- And what are you planning to do with that Scud Storm, General? Your Scud Storm will harm us, but now you have made me angry, General. (Scud Storm built and launched quotes)
- Enough! Do not destroy any more of my tanks, General!
- Oh stop... targetting my infantry you, coward!
- You're shooting at my planes? Do you think this is the best tactic against me, General?
- And now this war has gone nuclear! EXCELLENT! (If player builds a nuclear missile silo)
- Only a fail general would result in a nuclear missile. (Player's nuclear missile lauched)
- That particle cannon will not live to fire at me. (If player builds a Particle Cannon)
- That particle beam will not defeat us, General. (If player is releasing particle cannon)
- I see you haven't runned in fear, General. Soon you wish you had.
- Aaaaahhhhh! Can you feel the thunderous song of approaching armor, General?
- Another battalion is on it's way, General, please make them feel welcome.
- Here we come,General.I hope your defences are up.
- Our war factories are working hard to make more tanks. Just for you, General!
- Tanks are in our base, preparing for the final assault! Will you defences hold this time,mmm?
- General, you are destroying an unexceptable amount of my buildings! This must stop!
- Destroying my base defences only lets me know where you are, General.
- Ah, i see you've captured an oil refinery. Perhaps i should take it from you.
- I see your flank is exposed, General. I expected as much.
- I see you've build a Second Base,General. It will soon be removed.
- Huh,there are no guards at your backdoor?! Tch tch tch, fatal mistake, General.
- "inhale" You have trained too many men, General. They will all be crushed beneath my treads.
- My forces are at your door,General.
- This spells your doom,General.
- I fear this will end you,General.
- Nice base,General.Care to surrender it?
- That artillery platform is no match for my armor,General.
- General,my forces outnumber yours.This only a matter of time now.
- Your foolish tactics have lend you to this place,General.You can't win now!
- I see you've defeated my scouts,General.The next attack won't go so well for you,i think.
- The iron dragon marches through your puny defences!
- Are you protecting your flanks, General? Why don't we have a look.
- We are in your base,General. Your defences were inadequate.
- You dare attack my War Factory?!All forces remove this pest!!!
Behind the scenes
In English, his name sounds like (他很快)"He [is] very fast" perhaps a play on words on his rush tactics. On the other hand in Chinese, the name has a rather positive meaning.
He seems to be armed with an IMI Desert Eagle. This is suiting, as he prefers heavier equipment.
The tank behind him in his portraits is a T-72B/T-90, recognisable by the 3 square armor plates on the side skirt and the stowage boxes on the side of the turret. None of these tanks is in service in the Chinese army.
- General Shin Fai, Chinese Infantry General
- General Tsing Shi Tao, Chinese Nuke General
- General Leang, Everything