Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tesla Discharge Devices, EM Disruptor
Tesla powered armor
Can charge Tesla Coils for increasing power
|For more units of this type, see Tesla trooper.|
The damage is too extensive!
Tesla Trooper (Red Alert 3) has been marked for cleanup.
|“|| Trooper fully charged!|
- Tesla Trooper rolling out of the Barracks
|“|| Here's your electric bill!|
- Tesla Trooper, when ordered to attack
Tesla troopers are the Soviet Union's elite shock troopers. Clad in massive suits of powered armor and armed with integrated Tesla guns, these soldiers are extremely effective against armored units, since their Tesla guns can cut through most armor, and their bulky battlesuit prevents them from being crushed by tank treads. In addition, their Tesla weapons can be used to power Tesla coils, keeping them operational even when a blackout occurs.
Furthermore, they are equipped with electromagnetic disruptors, allowing them to disable all enemy vehicles within a short radius. However, activating the EM Disruptor also renders them immobile and unable to attack.
|Tesla Weapon||Use directed Tesla bursts to engage enemy ground forces.|
|Electro Magnetic Disrupters||Activates Electro Magnetic Disruptors, which completely disables all enemy vehicles in the vicinity. However, during this time, the Tesla Trooper is also immobile.|
The Tesla Trooper is armed with a pair of Tesla guns built directly into the arms of their armor, which are effective against both infantry and vehicles. However, its slow rate of fire means that it is best used as an anti-tank weapon, as faster vehicles and infantry can simply out run the Tesla Troopers. They can also be used as emergency power supply for Tesla coils, in case of power failure.
In addition to the Tesla guns, Tesla Troopers can also project an EM field around themselves, disrupting the internal electronics of all enemy vehicles in its vicinity. However, this field can only be maintained if the Troopers stay stationary, and the Tesla guns cannot be fired when the EM Disruptor is active.
Despite their formidable powered suits, they still possess a few glaring weaknesses. The most notable issue was the overall slowness of the robotic armor, as well as a slow rate of fire. Imperial Shinobi proved a major problem for the troopers, as they can easily outrun them, and their armor offers no protection against their shurikens, as demonstrated when an entire platoon of elite Tesla Troopers were found dead, with shurikens lodged inside their vitals, having passed through the seams of their armor.
Furthermore, the heavy metallic armor they wear means that they are one of the few infantry units vulnerable to magnetic satellites. Their suits also offer no protection to chemical and cryogenic weapons, and they are defenseless against aircraft.
For infantry-only users, the Tesla Trooper has proven to be an effective rushing the enemy when being paired up with the Flak Troopers. While the Tesla Troopers decimate ground units and structures, the Flak Troopers can rip apart the enemy air forces. If the player can fit all the Tesla Troopers and the Flak Troopers aboard some Twin Blades or bullfrogs, they can drop them off at the enemy's base, effectively taking the enemy by surprise while their forces are on the other side of the map, having a major chance to destroy the player's base if their defense are not strong enough. Tesla trooper squads are also an appreciated seasoning for garrisoning a choke point from armor rush. It is better if a tesla coil is present as Tesla trooper can power it up.
- Kills any infantry within range in one shot, except other Tesla Troopers or Rocket Angel
- Great against vehicles
- Tough and uncrushable except by heavy units
- Deadly against commandos, especially against Yuriko
- Can charge a Tesla Coil to improve its firepower
- Powerful in numbers
- Good damage for their cost ($750)
- Can use EM Disruptor to shut vehicles down, provided Tesla Trooper is well positioned
- Immune to the biting teeth of Attack Dogs and War Bears
- Tier 2 unit
- Vulnerable to concentrated anti-infantry fire, shuriken, chemical, or cryo based attack
- Helpless against air attacks
- Cannot use EM Disruptor and main weapon at the same time
- Main weapon has a slow firing-rate
- Immobile while using EM Disruptor
- Can be sucked up by magnetic satellites, unlike other infantry
- Still can be stunned from Attack Dogs Bark and War Bears Roar
- Trooper fully charged!
- Tesla suits ready!
- Who needs a jump?
- Free hook-ups!
- Capacitators ready!
- Electrodes primed!
- Surge protectors on!
- I'm wired!
- Fully shielded!
- Yes, comrade!
- Moving out!
- Full of energy!
- In motion!
- I'll get there!
- We're off!
- Sparks my interest!
- Connect now.
Try to move when using Electro Magnetic Disrupters
- Sorry if I'm a turnoff!
- I'm conserving!
- Blackout anyone?
- Let's play in the field!
- Lights out!
- Look well grounded!
- Could use some recharge time?
- Is it well insulated?
- Let the juice flow!
- Light 'em up!
- Hitting switch!
- They could use a little boost!
- Give 'em a jolt!
- Completing circuit!
- Like a christmas tree!
- It's recycled energy!
Using Electro Magnetic Disrupters
- No overcharge protection!
- Dampeners active!
- Let's make contact!
- Is recycled energy!
Charge the Tesla Coil
- I'll charge it up!
- Give it a boost!
- Let's turn it on!
Move to Attack
- Charging up!
- Let's light them up!
- Time for a shocker!
- Insulation won't help!
- Let's brighten up their day!
- He's fried!
- Incoming storm!
- Here's your electric bill!
- Like a Christmas tree!
- Just go with a flow!
- Not a bad conductor!
- Electricity is in the air!
- Extra crispy!
- No resistance!
- It will all soon be over!
- What happened to my shielding?!
- Hey, don't be so negative!
- They giving me static!
- I might need shock therapy!
- Geez, tough crowd!
- Was it something I said?
Notes from the Field
|“|| Like a Christmas Tree!|
- Tesla Trooper
- Tank Destroyers: Tesla troopers are extremely potent against tanks and mechanical targets due to their electrical attacks. They are also deadly against individual infantry, but their slow rate of fire prevents them from being good against massed soldiers.
- Slow and Steady: Due to their heavy mechanical suits, Tesla troopers are less mobile than most other infantry. Because of this, they are typically better suited for defensive measures.
- Uncrushable: Tesla troopers are immune to being crushed by tanks except large units (Apocalypse Tank etc.). Foolish commanders fighting against the Union that have sent out tank divisions without anti-infantry support have often witnessed their expensive vehicles fried to a crisp by small divisions of these walking tanks.
- Animal Proof: Tesla troopers cannot be harmed by dogs or bears, making these cheap anti-infantry units helpless against them. However, they can be stunned by their roar, and - if in EM disruptor mode - will not turn off enemy machinery.