Small-sized Advanced Tesla coils (×2)
Integral steel-cavity armour plating
2 (Campaign only)
|For other tanks of the same name, see Tesla tank.|
|“|| Like my new treads?!|
- Tesla Tank, when being deployed from the War Factory
The Tesla tank was an experimental Soviet armoured vehicle of the War of the Three Powers.
|“|| Like a Christmas tree!|
- Tesla Tank shooting lightnings at their enemies
The chassis was fully tracked and two small yet advanced Tesla coils were mounted in a turret.
It was also equipped with the same electromagnetic disruptor device fielded by Tesla Troopers, which disable enemy vehicles. Compared to the Tesla-armed Stingray amphibious strike craft, the Tesla Tank saw much more restricted deployment. It was notably stronger compared to older versions of the Tesla tank.
|“|| T-Tesla Tanks! They're gonna torch us!|
- An Allied soldier, speaks in fear as Tesla Tanks defend Peter and Paul Fortress in Leningrad.
Tesla Tanks saw limited deployment and were only used for specific occasions. Premier Anatoly Cherdenko set the Tesla tanks against the Allied forces in Leningrad at the end of the Third World War.
|The following is based on the Soviet campaign of Red Alert 3 and contradicts canon sources.|
- Tesla Tank while attacking Ft. Bradley
In the Soviet campaign, Premier Anatoly Cherdenko's forces made heavy use of these Tesla tanks on Easter Island in an unsuccessful attempt to purge internal threats to his power. The Soviet Commander who defeated Cherdenko acquired from him a number of Tesla tanks which were then used to attack Fort Bradley in New York and then to eliminate the last Allied forces at the Liberty Island.
|The following is based on the Empire of the Rising Sun campaign for Red Alert 3 and contradicts canon sources.|
In the Empire campaign, commander Oleg Vodnik deployed Tesla tanks during the unsuccessful defense of Vorkuta against the Empire of the Rising Sun. Later, Soviet scientist Gregor Zelinsky set the Tesla tanks against the Empire during the final push on the FutureTech laboratory in Amsterdam.
|“|| Tesla Tank- Charging Completed!|
- Tesla Tank preparing to shoot lightnings at their enemies
The Tesla tank is a special unit which may not be produced either in campaign or multiplayer mode. The exception is in the Soviet mission- The Stone-Faced Witnesses. The Cherdenko loyalist Soviet war factories produce these Tesla tanks and if captured, the player may as well. The player also starts off with some Tesla tanks in Blight on the Big Apple, but still can't build any.
- Equipped with a pair of smaller-sized yet Advanced Tesla Coils
- Kills infantry in one hit
- Tier 2 and doesn't require Battle lab to be built
- Deadly against Commandos
- Reasonably good movement and speed
- Shoots twice and faster than the Tesla Trooper, allowing to kill hordes of infantry one-by-one
- Real nightmare for vehicles as well as enemy garrisons and structures- when in groups
- Fierce attack power and strength, both as solo or in massive groups
- Promoting veterancy very fast
- Can power or amplify Tesla coil defense structure
- Can switch to using EM Disruptors same as a Tesla Trooper
- Tesla tank's Tesla bolts are more destructive than Apocalypse tank's Drakon cannon shells and King Oni's energy blasts
- Campaign unit cannot be built nor deployed in skirmish Mode (Unless you are playing "Tesla tank" mod or "Shock Therapy" mod)
- Expensive ($2200)
- Vulnerable to anti-armour
- Helpless against air attacks
- EM Disruptor is useless against infantry and structures
- Cannot use EM Disruptors and fire/move at the same time
- Like my new treads?!!
- Beats walking!
- Light em up!
- The Tesla Tank is probably piloted by former Tesla Troopers, as their soundbanks are nearly identical.
- Despite that the Tesla tank cannot be produced in Skirmish, it is available in some mods; for example in the Shock Therapy mod. However, in some Skirmish user-created maps created from EA's Red Alert 3 Worldbuilder, you can produce Tesla Tanks by capturing the War Factory by the Engineer.
- In Red Alet 3 expansion Uprising some Tesla tanks whose crews were sniped by Natasha can be found on Skirmish map called "Sniper's Hollow"