|Tiberium Control Tower|
One of the many towers that comprise the Tiberium Control Network.
|“|| Brothers... Sisters... I have a proposition...|
The Tiberium Control Network is a system designed by Kane and built with GDI help to control the spread of Tiberium. It takes the form of Tiberium Control Nodes (AKA Towers) and a vast network of interconnected pipes and cables, all of it connected to Scrin Threshold 19, spreading its Tiberium-harvesting and refinement effects to the entire planet. According to Doctor Pascal, the TCN would contain Tiberium and prevent it from breaking out and potentially polluting the Earth, yet humanity would still be able to use the energy Tiberium generated and the resources it can provide humanity, in a safe and efficient manner.
Many openly doubt the TCN, and Nod Separatists openly attempt to destroy it, but in the end, it proves successful and after a decade and a half, Tiberium is no longer a threat to humanity.
By 2062, Tiberium contamination reached critical levels, and GDI's technology proved ineffective. Kane met with GDI leadership and proposed a cooperative venture. Kane revealed the Tiberium Control Network technology, but only GDI had the resources necessary to construct it. The two formerly warring sides struck an uneasy alliance. Abbot John W.E. Vladislav and Dr Johann Pascal were two of the key designers.
The Tiberium Control Network Conflict broke out in 2062 between Nod Separatists and GDI. Initally the Separatists had the upper hand and attacked blue zones and TCN construction sites with well executed hit-and-run strikes. By 2073 GDI defeated the separatists with their new weapons, the crawlers.
After 15 years of restoration work the Tiberium Control Network was a success, and the crisis averted. However as it neared completion the political climate became tenuous, as the public began asking why Kane chose to help and what did he want in return. Aggressive GDI action and the government's seeming ignorance of the population living out in the desecrated yellow zones had left doubts that the TCN would not work in solving all of Earth's problems. Indeed many flocked to the Nod Separatists at the height of the Ascension Conflict. The TCN became the focal point for all sides (GDI and the Brotherhood) as they attempt to activate the TCN and prevent the Separatists from destroying it. In the end, the activation of Threshold 19 proved to be the last piece in the TCN's completion, and Tiberium was seen dissipating near the nodes.
Hubs and NodesEdit
While the specifics between the two are unknown, it is presumed that TCN Hubs coordinate TCN nodes in an area (for example, the Pacific), while Nodes are localized TCN processes and effects. Evidence supporting this is that Kane was after the TCN hubs, not the nodes during his operations to synchronize the Scrin Tower with the TCN.
- TCN Node #24 : located near the settlement of Waukesha and Node #30, it was successfully defended by Captain Leon Kamperov from Nod Separatists.
- TCN Node #30 : located near the settlement of Waukesha and Node #24, it was successfully defended by Captain Leon Kamperov from Nod Separatists.
- TCN Node #51 : established in the Siberian Wastelands, GDI had difficulty in establishing the construction of the Node in 2071 due to the mysterious attacks conducted on their forces by the White Lady. It was ultimately completed in 2072 after the loss of four GDI expeditions.
- New Adana : Knocked out of sync by Colonel James, resynced by Kane during Gideon's assault on New Adana.
- The Pacific Hub : Located in Guam, the Pacific Hub was realigned by Kane after a three-way battle between Colonel James' rogue GDI forces, Gideon, and Kane.
- The Arctic Hub : Located in the Arctic Circle, the Arctic Hub was aligned by Kane's forces but was set as bait to distract Colonel James' GDI forces from Kane's movements. After a three-way battle between GDI, Nod Loyalists and Nod Separatists, the Hub was captured by GDI, before it self-destruct and eliminated all remaining forces in the vicinity.
In Game Edit
In game they take the form of Tiberium Control Towers which are map objectives. They grant a steady stream of Victory Points to the controlling player/team making their ownership fiercely contested.
Some of these nodes somehow also have EMP powers against the enemy... though it is unknown what it is exactly, for all that is known is that the activation of a TCN hub triggers a EMP wave which, mostly, disables units and structures (such as laser fencing), yet there is at least one record of a TCN hub destroying a GDI strike force.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2  PC Gamer UK, Issue #204
- ↑ Salamander. C&C Frontpage. 2010-02-15.
- ↑ Command & Conquer 4 Q&A - Exclusive First Details. GameSpot. July 9, 2009.
- ↑ BETA UPLINK SERIES PART 1