Honshu island, Japan
Currently under Allied occupation
Tokyo (東京, Tōkyō), officially Tokyo Metropolis (東京都, Tōkyō-to), is one of the 47 prefectures of Japan and located on the eastern side of the main island Honshū. The twenty-three special wards of Tokyo, each governed as a city, cover the area that was once the city of Tokyo in the eastern part of the prefecture, and total over 8 million people. The population of the prefecture exceeds 12 million. The prefecture is the center of the Greater Tokyo Area, the world's most populous metropolitan area with 35 million people.
Tokyo was made the seat of the Shogunate and, by implication, the de facto capital city of Japan in 1603. During the War of the Three Powers, Tokyo is the seat of the Empire of the Rising Sun and the Imperial Palace, and the home of the Japanese Imperial Family - namely Emperor Yoshiro and Crown Prince Tatsu, to name a few.
The city was largely destroyed during Operation Forever Sets the Sun, in which the Allied forces attacked Tokyo to bring about the end of the Empire.
Lissette Hanley and the famed Allied Commander (WWIII) were tasked with the mission to destroy the Tokyo Harbor, with Nikolai Krukov providing naval support. Cherdenko asked the Commander to hurry up and clear a path, so that the Soviet navy can break into Tokyo's heart. Krukov later contacts the Commander, explaining that his forces have been delayed, but they are already en route. The Commander destroyed the Empire's naval blockade to clear a path for the Soviet navy, and held off many Imperial counterattacks.
|“|| I apologize, Commander, but our forces are too far away to make it there in time. I'm sorry we cannot be of any help, but now the glory of victory belongs to you alone... If you are indeed victorious.|
- General Krukov, informing the commander that his forces cannot provide assistance
However, the reinforcement never came, as General Krukov claims that the Soviet Navy cannot arrive in time. Tatsu taunts the commander before annihilating the Allied base with his Psionic Decimators. The Allied High Command was stunned by the betrayal of the Soviet High Command, but continued with the operation.
Fortunately, the Allied Construction Yards survived the Psionic Blasts, two Chronospheres were then constructed. And one of the Allied Commanders teleported an MCV across the area to flank the Imperial defenders, they also received additional funds to rebuild and/or repair everything they had lost. They were also authorized to use Athena cannons to assist their operation.
Ultimately, the Allied forces were victorious, successfully destroying the Imperial forces in Tokyo, decapitating the Empire's command structure.
After the battle, the true Yuriko Omega was found underneath the rubble of the Imperial Palace. She was taken into custody by the Allies and transferred to Dakota detention facility, a top-security Allied military compound in Guam.
Areas of Interest
- Toyama High Command: The Headquarters of the Imperial military in the heart of Tokyo.
- Tenzai Robotics: Located on an island in the middle of Tokyo Bay, this factory complex and military base produced the vehicles of the Imperial arsenal.
- Shirada Docks: Housed the mightiest military hardware in the Imperial Navy.
- Nagama Dojos: A highly prestigious dojos which trains the elite infantry of the Empire.
- Allied Bases: A base was set up by the Allied Forces during their invasion to hold out against the Imperial attackers. It was attacked by the Psionic Decimators but survived. A second base was created by an MCV teleported to another area of the city to outflank the Imperial defenders.