|“|| Cowardly dogs! They cannot even lose with honour! We will show them!|
Toxin Trade is the fifth mission in the GLA campaign of Command & Conquer: Generals.
Despite the GLA victory in Adana, reports from the Aral Sea indicated that the Americans established a base and secured the region's Toxin Bunkers. As the GLA arsenal relied heavily on toxic weaponry, it was necessary for them to recapture the bunkers if they wanted to fight a war against the US and China. The GLA already had an established base of operations, but the first attempt to take control of a Toxin bunker led to a toxic spill, killing the GLA attack force, thanks to US commando, Colonel Burton exploding the bunker with a Demo charge.
|“|| Wait, get back! The Americans set a bomb! (BOOM!!)|
- Rocket Buggy
The main objective was to capture four bunkers and protect them from American attacks. The secondary objective was to eliminate the American presence.
Capturing Four Bunkers
The chemical bunkers were old and fragile, and could be easily destroyed if left unprotected. The GLA left the operation to be headed by a Commander who previously demonstrated that US air power was not such a winnable tactic. Taking over the local GLA cell in the Aral Sea, the Commander immediately prepared the base defenses and scouted the surrounding area. Jarmen Kell himself, did what he tried his best to do and took out some lone US patrols. The GLA presence was soon detected by three American Humvees, acting as scouts. Jarmen Kell sniped as many troops and vehicles as possible, while the Americans made constant attacks on the GLA positions. These attacks were repulsed each time, but with rising casualties on both sides.
Eventually, Jarmen Kell and some disguised Bomb trucks came across the Toxin Bunkers in some distance north of the GLA base, which were lightly defended by US troops and Crusaders. The GLA sent two armies to take out the American defenders, while Rebels went ahead and captured four of the chemical bunkers. The GLA captured more bunkers than were necessary, just in case a bunker was destroyed by the Americans.
Destroying the US Base
Noting that the US base was on an island, the GLA quickly moved in more and more of their forces to block the only two access bridges in and out of the island. Unfortunately, the Americans had a Particle Cannon somewhere on the island. Not wanting to risk the superweapon destroying the chemical bunkers, the GLA hastily moved in and assaulted the US base from both of the bridges. One of the teams located the Particle Cannon and quickly destroyed it before it could fire, while the other force took out the US Strategy Center that was bombarding the GLA. Surrounded, outnumbered and with the US base destroyed, the surviving American forces surrendered to the GLA. However, Colonel Burton managed to escape from the Aral Sea.
The capitulation of the Americans at the Aral Sea meant that the region's remaining Toxin Bunkers were now in the hands of the GLA. The terrorist organisation had become too powerful for the Americans to handle alone. In response to this, China moved in quietly to instigate splinter cells and incite a power struggle within the GLA.
- In reality, there is (or was) an island, called Vozrozhdeniya, located in the Aral Sea, where a bioweapons laboratory and storage was present during the Cold War.
- Interestingly, in reality the Aral Sea is nearly dried up. This also resulted the island of Vozrozdeniya to have a land bridge to the mainland (where it was no longer classified as an island as a result). However in the game it appears that the sea is reflooded.
- The player has to complete two objectives simultaneously, which is to destroy every American units (including non-combat Ambulance) and capture four bunkers. Kanwar Khan will tell the player to do the objectives unfinished by the player if the player finished either one of the objectives. He will use different voice lines when the player is able to capture the bunkers or wipe out the Americans.
Perfect alternative walkthrough
It will be pretty hard to siege the enemy base in the conventional way, however a shortcut is present.
- Soon as the mission starts, allocate the 4 available general points for 'Rebel Ambush LV2' and 'Bounty LV2'. Also, build a barracks and purchase 'Capture Building', and build more slaves to gather resource.
- Take advantage of the fact that 'Rebel Ambush' can be launched into the American base at the very beginning. (visible, but only covered by war-fog) Since the US base is not developed at all by then. The ideal 'LZ' should be on the right of US tank factory, spacious and no patrol at all. Once the 'capture building' is fully charged, order one rebel to capture the tank factory. Do not alert the US troops prematurely by holding your fire. It is recommended to capture one US power plant as well since it will significantly boost the rate of Humvee production.
- Purchase 'TOW missile' and order many Humvees (6 or 7 should be ideal). This way, you will get AA capability inside enemy base. Humvees should be able to destroy all enemy helicopters inside the base, be it Chinook or Commanche, the latter is deadly to this infiltration plan.
- After all hostile aircrafts and are destroyed. use rebels to capture as many enemy buildings but it's essential to leave one production facility (could be supply center) for the enemy. Then build a dozer and order him to construct an airfield. Build as many Comanches as you can. Once all US production facilities has been destroyed or captured, the computer will sell everything remaining and throw everything it gets to both of your bases, especially the newly captured one. Therefore, do this only after your Comanche force have reached a certain mass (6-7 should be safe). Destroy all incoming troops with Comanches and Humvees; a backup plan is to destroy a toxin bunker near the bridge if your defenses are being overrun, as the released Anthrax can virtually destroy all incoming American troops. Sometimes you have to navigate manually to the north to eliminate one lone ambulance to win. Meanwhile, do not forget to capture 4 toxin bunkers.