I have been thinking about that for a long time, and I would like to propose that Dune II: Building of a Dynasty, Dune 2000, and Emperor: Battle for Dune become a part of this Wiki.
Here are my reasons for this:
- These are RTS games made by Westwood Studios. Just like all C&C titles.
- Dune II served as the basis for the making of Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn. Many of the features of C&C came from the Dune fans' wishlist. C&C's Tiberium harvesting is the direct successor of Dune's Spice harvesting. In fact, Tiberium was invented to replace the Spice as the primary in-game resource.
- The GUI and gameplay of D2000 and Emperor are identical to C&C's. Power management, harvesting & silos, construction yards, MCV's & building construction, unit creation, super weapons - the same as in C&C. Dune II's gameplay also has many similarities.
- Dune's factions have many similarities to C&C factions. The Atreides are very much like the Allies or GDI, the Ordos are comparable to Nod or the GLA, and the Harkonnen are somewhat reminiscent of the USSR or China.
- While there is a Dune Wiki, the games are described pretty briefly in it, and there is no in-depth information.
So, what do you think? Is this a good idea?